Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making AEGs quieter

Specifically a JG G36c and an mp5.

Me and a couple of my friends have started airsofting recently, we had our first game on sunday and we found that the most fun we had was being a sort of scout/hit and run/fast moving 3 man team, however our guns were far too loud for that so we either had to shoot twice and run really fast in the opposite direction OR walk towards the re-gen point So! any advice on a cheap DIY way of making our guns quieter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Making AEGs quieter

A short answer will be its not going to happen. I have heard of people trying to make their AEG's quieter through shimming and various other things, they work to a point but you can still hear the AEG clearly. If you REALLY want to be quiet your best bet would be TM mk23 as I know that is the quietest gun I have had experience with. Trishots are also pretty quiet but then with both the Mk23 and Trishot you are losing the firepower. Choice is up to you though really.

Comment

Expencive Options;
      Helical gears, Silent Piston/Cylinder heads, Sorbo pads and filling whole gun body with sound proof foam, and motors to decrease the time of the shot to make it harder to hear.
      Cheep Options;
      Silencer, not very effecive though.
      sigpic
      View iTrader Rating Here
      Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Expanding foam in the gearbox... quiet after because you wont be able to use it :P

Seriously though, some form of packing around the gearbox as that is where the noise comes from, the motor too... just packing = insulation which isn't what you want on a motor!
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Quiet, does not mean undetected.

No matter how loud your weapon, one shot from a covered position is impossible to pin point.

Comment

i packed mine, with cotton wool (not near sparks)

works a treat

Comment

A good, smooth running gearbox which has a very good shim job, with a high voltage battery for a quick shot (less time to hear the piston moving around etc!). My current AEG is pretty quiet, and has got a element silent piston in it as well as being shimmed well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mkt Find out more about Mkt
              Working...
              X