Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, and advice please

Hi all,
    I am new to airsoft, currently paintballing.
    I am sure I will be an addict but, I am right handed but I shoot left handed, left eye dominant. Took a long time to learn to shoot lefty.
    Now, guns wise I like the SA80 from ICS
    Also the Ares Tar21
    The Famas
    AUG.??!!!
    Others Are the Magpul ACR and the SCAR heavy.
    Which do you think is best suited to a lefty, I love the look of the TAR but I have heard it is unreliable and Ares tend to break, please correct me if I am wrong.
    I also really like the L85 SA80, who makes the best and is it any good for a lefty,I know that in airsoft, hot brass in the mush isn't a problem.
    Of them all, if I could buy tomorrow and they were suitable, I would get either. The SA80 or the TAR.
    Advice appreciated

Re: Hi all, and advice please

look for something with ambidextrous controls (mag release, selector switch) The one I always think of is G36.

Comment

arent l85/sa80s known to not be lefty friendly?

basicly every other gun you have lister is lefty freindly as far as i know, not too sure about the tar21 tho as ive never used one and ares is a fine make of guns, my old m4 never missed a beat.
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Best bet for your buck / ambi friendly is the magpul masada (ACR)

Comment

The aug is a nice and ampidextrous. JG ones aren't half bad and the classic army ones are pretty solid too :-)
          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

out of the two mentioned the Tar suits your needs, type in battle of the bullpups on youtube, all your questions will be answered on both rifles. good watch too.
            sigpic

Comment

In relation to what you said about Ares i would disagree. I own an Ares G36c and i've literally hurled it up and down hills, slopes ect and its still works perfectly :D It's also been covered in mud and rain and that didn't do anything either. It might just be because G36's are quite robust. I would recommend a G36 as a great starter too.
              Black Arrows.
              The last thing you'll never see
              Wanted: ICS QD silencer for M4, Magpul MOE pistol grip and trigger guard, and MORE. Please PM!

Comment

My ares M4 is pretty cr*p and I think its a common problem with ares.

Comment

I have heard good things about their G36. Not heard anything about their M4's

Comment

The TAR is best suited to your needs. Using an SA80, even the airsoft versions, left-handed is not a good idea. You have to remember about the fire selector and the mag release catch
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by DB100 View Post
                      Hi all,
                      I am new to airsoft, currently paintballing.
                      I am sure I will be an addict but, I am right handed but I shoot left handed, left eye dominant. Took a long time to learn to shoot lefty.

Now, guns wise I like the SA80 from ICS Good gun but not ideal for a left hander
                      Also the Ares Tar21 Excellent gun and should be fine
                      The Famas Good gun should be okay
                      AUG.??!!!A chld only a mother loves but a good gun all the same and should be okay
                      Others Are the Magpul ACR Now you are talking an excellent gun and should be okay (Magpul version) and the SCAR heavy.Good gun and should be okay
                      Which do you think is best suited to a lefty, I love the look of the TAR but I have heard it is unreliable and Ares Never had any serious prblems with mine and its had 20 thousand plus bb's through it tend to break, please correct me if I am wrong.
                      I also really like the L85 SA80 Ares / ICS both very good never used any other so cannot comment., who makes the best and is it any good for a lefty,I know that in airsoft, hot brass in the mush isn't a problem.
                      Of them all, if I could buy tomorrow and they were suitable, I would get either. The SA80 or the TAR.
                      Advice appreciated
                      Of the two final ones you have expressed a preferance for the Tavor / TAR21 is the better bet for ease of use

All of the above is my personal opinion and based on either owning or using all guns mentioned. I cannot comment on other brands I have not used and please bear in mind people do have preferances and tend to be a little biased towards what they own / use or have had good or bad experiances of previously. It takes one bad experiance for some people to write off a brand.
                      Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                      Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                      Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ZX12R A1 View Post
                        Of the two final ones you have expressed a preferance for the Tavor / TAR21 is the better bet for ease of use

All of the above is my personal opinion and based on either owning or using all guns mentioned. I cannot comment on other brands I have not used and please bear in mind people do have preferances and tend to be a little biased towards what they own / use or have had good or bad experiances of previously. It takes one bad experiance for some people to write off a brand.
                        Thank you for this excellent and well considered reply, very much appreciated. :D

Comment

I think the design of the AUG was supposed to be truley lefty friendly, can't you switch the bolt to either side etc?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DB100 Find out more about DB100
                          Working...
                          X