New Airsofter wondering about Rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Airsofter wondering about Rain?

If you ever go to Sennibridge you will know it is ok to play in the rain.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
      In wet weather, when you reload your magazine dry your hands first. If you are in the habit of pouring handfuls of bb's into the mag rather than via a bottle, you will end up with damp balls (!!! ) which will fly in different directions.
      Nothing worse than damp balls.

Seriously though, some bio bbs are particularly susceptible to water so try not to get the bbs wet.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
      It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Spray all the metal areas with some silicone spray (100% silicone is available from most £1 shops) Saves any surface rust building up if you forget to clean your gun after.

Ive seen some so called hardcore skirmishers go home with the slightest of drizzle,OH NO not because they didnt want to get their guns wet,They didnt want to get the camo they were wearing dirty.

I wasnt impressed,We ended up with half a team about half way through the day.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
          Indeed. Water + Lithium = reaction + heat (possibly fire)...
          2Li + 2H2O -> 2LiOH + H2

Incredibly Exothermic, here's what happens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhW7TtXIAM

To be honest I wouldn't take LiPos out in the rain!

Comment

I'm taking my Lipo out in the ran today, will let you know if I combust!

Comment

Originally posted by hellbound View Post
              If you are running lipos (doubt you are) but if the plastic wrap is broken they can explode when water gets involved.
              isn't there a metal outer before you get to the lithium?
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I played last night and it absolutely p****d down!!!
                Gun was fine!
                Happy days!

And my lipo was fine aswell! But its in the stock tube so pretty well protected
                Last edited by jaset1988; 25 June, 2011, 13:44. Reason: add info

Comment

so if i stick a big lipo in a bath tab will i have a massive speed boat experiment like you do at school

if so...so worth the money

Comment

What i'm thinking is my battery is in the handguard, and it's got holes in the top and bottom so it's bsically screwed haha, any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneTomo View Post
                      What i'm thinking is my battery is in the handguard, and it's got holes in the top and bottom so it's bsically screwed haha, any advice?
                      bin liner or plastic bag double/ triple wrapped round the battery and connector. Then tape around the wiring to make water unable to get in. Then be careful when taking it off not to nick any wiring
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

We put our radios in plastic food bags, could do the same with the battery and then zip tie around the top of the bag above the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneTomo View Post
                          Holes in the bottom mean any water that gets in, doesn't stay in.

I tend to wrap my batteries in old BB bags so they don't rattle about in the compartment. Doing that has the secondary effect of "rain-proofing" them.

Comment

I used to use balloons to protect RC car electronic parts years ago, just shove the battery into a long balloon and seal the end with a rubber band.

Cheaper and less likely to get ripped than a condom. Less likely to get you into trouble with your other half if they're not normally on your shopping list!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                              I used to use balloons to protect RC car electronic parts years ago, just shove the battery into a long balloon and seal the end with a rubber band.

Cheaper and less likely to get ripped than a condom. Less likely to get you into trouble with your other half if they're not normally on your shopping list!

Don't want any accidents now do we robin :D
                              Originally posted by Tiercel
                              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheOneTomo Find out more about TheOneTomo
                              Working...
                              X