Two toning a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two toning a gun

Hi guys, i need some advice. i recently purchased an M4 rifle which has not been two toned and im not ukara licensed

now i dont want to get in trouble and get fined/m4 taken from me so im gonna diy two tone

the question i have is do attachments like foregrips count towards to the 50% bright colour?

my intention was to remove the front RIS, the stock and forgrip and spray them a bright orange. i chose them because they're easily replacable should going back to black become a hassle

ive seen the pistol grip bright coloured aswell, but id rather not spray that if i could avoid to

Re: Two toning a gun

as long as parts of the RIF are 2 tone you will be fine. But in all honestly. i would leave it as it mate. I mean when i first started airsofting, i was unaware of all these rules and regulations, and sprayed my from clear to black. and i never had any problems. but either way. if you are wanting to spray it a police officer isnt going to measure up every inch of what you've sprayed to make sure its 51% so just as long as the 2 tone bits are clearly visible is should be ok.
    sigpic
    BlackWing Mercenaries
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

Are you a regular player? There is no such thing as a UKARA licence! You need to be able to prove you are a regular player and are not under-18 to be legal. I'm going to work on the assumption that you're not a regular player (if you are then ignore the next bit!).

Are you 18 or over?

If so, you've done nothing illegal unless you provided the seller with false information to obtain the RIF. The seller, on the other hand, has broken the law by selling it to you.

If not, both you and the seller have broken the law.

Right, now to the situation you are in NOW.

You don't have to two-tone the gun as it's not an offence to own a RIF if you are not a regular player. The offence is in the purchase (if under-18)/sale.

If you do want to two-tone it still, anything that's not readily removable will be OK. So, RIS, stock, body, pistol grip. The carry handle is debatable and the mags are out of the question.
      sigpic

Comment

Ummmmm Okay, fair play to you for voicing up mate, you are where you are (que the witch hunt of people trying to find out how you got it)........

Best bet if you are looking to 'get it right' google the spec of your gun and two tone', go to google images and you'll have a whole host of options.

Basically its 51% of the gun so in theory you could dip 51% in a big vat of orange and have half and halfish but you dont wanna do that

I believe attachments dont count as the whole point is preventing it from looking REAL and having all the attachments bright would allow you to just take them off and keep the rif.
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

As long as you are over 18 you do not need to two tone, you are already in possesion of it so....

As said above unless you provided false information to obtain it the you have done nothing wrong, the seller is the one who has commited an offence

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            Are you a regular player? There is no such thing as a UKARA licence! You need to be able to prove you are a regular player and are not under-18 to be legal. I'm going to work on the assumption that you're not a regular player (if you are then ignore the next bit!).

im not a regular YET. me and my boss are going to start going when we both have our gear, intentions are to go every other month

Are you 18 or over?

yep

If so, you've done nothing illegal unless you provided the seller with false information to obtain the RIF. The seller, on the other hand, has broken the law by selling it to you.

nope. i did request a two tone

If not, both you and the seller have broken the law.

Right, now to the situation you are in NOW.

You don't have to two-tone the gun as it's not an offence to own a RIF if you are not a regular player. The offence is in the purchase (if under-18)/sale.

If you do want to two-tone it still, anything that's not readily removable will be OK. So, RIS, stock, body, pistol grip. The carry handle is debatable and the mags are out of the question.
            ok so im confused about the last bit. from what ive read, it is an offence to own a RIF if you are not yet registered with a UKARA listed site and played the 3 games in over 2 months thing so i was under the impression that i would need my gun two toned until ive played my 3

ive not played a game yet, ive done paintballing, enjoyed it immensly (except being shot in the genltemens region) so i thought try my hand at skirmishing. plus my boss wants to go, even offering added holidays to go, cant go wrong there

Comment

You still dont need to 2 tone it mate

did the seller ask for a vaild defence?

and are you over 18? - Needs to be answered so we can give you sound advice

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
                You still dont need to 2 tone it mate

did the seller ask for a vaild defence?

and are you over 18? - Needs to be answered so we can give you sound advice
                nope to first, yes to 2nd

Comment

Then no need to 2 tone mate

You will NOT get into trouble for owning it and you can use it as is

did you buy it off this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by hunter241 View Post
                    ok so im confused about the last bit. from what ive read, it is an offence to own a RIF if you are not yet registered with a UKARA listed site and played the 3 games in over 2 months thing so i was under the impression that i would need my gun two toned until ive played my 3

ive not played a game yet, ive done paintballing, enjoyed it immensly (except being shot in the genltemens region)
                    UKARA state 3 games in 2 months months but as long as you can prove you are a player by a site owner or someone similar vouching for you with a proof of membership that's "defence' sadly paintball membership does'nt cover it.

You're clearly responsible for voicing this in the first place, i'd get down your local site, join and start playing thats at least your defence sorted and you can go from there. I know people will say no HAS to tt etc but you mainly just need to get the right side of the law and that is the most sensible way.

Now if you are under 18 and bought it, you're not allowed to purchase any type of replica firearm, tt or not
                    Originally posted by Bluegill
                    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                      UKARA state 3 games in 2 months
                      Not quite true, it's at least 3 games in no less than 2 months. Additionally, as has been said, you don't need to two-tone it, possession of a realistic imitation firearm is not prohibited, nor I believe is the purchase of them. The sale, however, is, and it is up to the seller to make sure the purchaser has a valid legal defence. So you're totally fine.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
                        Then no need to 2 tone mate

You will NOT get into trouble for owning it and you can use it as is

did you buy it off this forum?
                        no, this guy was on a different forum. TBH i dont want to name names, the guy was a genuine alright chap. i mean im aware of what he's done, as long as i dont get it in the ear. i thought id ask to make sure im legal, which it appears to be already

thanks guys, if it werent for you, id turn up on my site with a AEG that looks like a lolly

Comment

You've done what you're legally required to do, he hasn't.

Don't worry about it and keep it as it is.

Enjoy the sport!
                          sigpic

Comment

To make it clear, for entry onto the UKARA database via your local site, you need to play three times in OVER two months, not IN two months.

You could play six times in two months and it wouldn't be correct, but play three times in 9 weeks or even 20 weeks and it would be.

Comment

Thanks guys, it's all starting to make sense now

The UKARA website is quite vague on the subject, I was under te impression that it was law, you needs license and whatnot, without it you cannot have any fun (which sounds about right with the government) or it has to look like half fruit half gun
                              no mentions of a defence and stuff

Thanks again everyone

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hunter241 It's good to be different Find out more about hunter241
                              Working...
                              X