My first gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first gun!

I've been enough times now to get a license to buy single tone guns. I have personally trawled through pages and looked on hundreds of websites and forums to see what gun would be the perfect 'beginner' gun. But unfortunately I am completely lost. It is so difficult to balance out a good gun with reliability terms on a smallish budget.

Now, my question for you guys is simple. What gun should I get?

To be a bit more specific, I am looking for something that is reliable, and with good handling could get me through a good few months. And Assault Rifle preferably, although I have had my eyes on a few Shot Guns. It would be nice if I could have something that has the ability to swap between attachments, so I don't get bored TOO quickly. Again, I'm quite lost with it all, so I'm still undecided on whether it should be electric, gas etc.

It would be nice if I could get some links, and feel free to mention any mishaps you had with your first gun, so I can hopefully avoid them :D

Re: My first gun!

Whats your budget?

Comment

The only airsoft website in the world is Zero One mate, look on there
      TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

If you want something to customise/accessorise then its got to be an m4.

G&G do some cheap m4s,that seem to get fairly good reviews.

Comment

G&G combat machine M4's/ak/mp5 if money is tight check them out loads of different choices and configs , dont be put of that they have plastic bodies they are re-enforced nylon plastic which is stronger than most chinese pot metal bodies , feels solid and you will forget its plastic. Internals are of normal G&G high quality
          sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

electric! whats your budget? and what rilfes do you like?

DONT go with combat machine or Classic army sportline stuff!!!!!!

it WILL fall apart, my freind had 2 of the combat machines, one for him self the other for his girl freind they never worked brand new out the box from zero one, and in only a few game days my sportline M4 body split ( cheapo plastic)

the G&G m4 (gr-16) rilfes are no less then epic!

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6097

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6088

zero one dont do the cheaper guns like cyam, JG ect

the cyma AKs are great, and as a plus at £200 there full wood and metal!

JG g36s are nice, my freind has a JG g36 and it out ranges a lot of guns on our sight great accuray and consistenty out the box at 350fps only costing £150

but dont forget you need batterys, mags and a good charger
            Last edited by Liam Moran; 24 June, 2011, 23:05.

Comment

what guns did you use while renting? what did you think of them, always good to with something your familiar with

Comment

If you like the look of an ak go for cyma. Extremely reliable yet cheap!
                "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Electric would be best for a starter in my opinion, Gas weapons can get quite pricey :/
                  ICS plastic body range is quite good, prices are around £190ish shop dependant.
                  The G36 range is a great starter weapon, very durable and ergonomic :D Plus it's widely available, lots of manufacturers make them i have an Ares EBB G36c and i love it XD But if its adaptability your after then it's got to be an M4
                  In terms of sportline guns i wouldn't recommend them as me and others have had some bad experiences with both CA and G&G :/
                  Black Arrows.
                  The last thing you'll never see
                  Wanted: ICS QD silencer for M4, Magpul MOE pistol grip and trigger guard, and MORE. Please PM!

Comment

the g&g raider m4 is meant to be good and it is cheep too

Comment

the g&g raider is meant to be good and it has a good price

Comment

the g&g raider is meant to be good it is also cheep on Zero one

Comment

A DECENT M4 is the way to go. Have a look on ZerOne and tell us what you like the look of. Rambete, stop trolling.
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

It all depends on budget if you've got loads to spend you've got alot of options, if you've got a good amount of money get somehting like marui or G&P or ICS if you want budget G&G,CYMA,SRC and ICS sportline are supposed to be great.

Comment

Right, thanks alot for the replies! Sorry I haven't answered much of the feedback, been a bit busy :/

Anyway, I'm thinking the general consensus is an M4, which is what I wanted but I wasn't entirely sure. So there is a list of manufacturers (from the Zero One store) and I don't know which would be best, so I made a list to pick from, with about £200 pounds budget. Less would be nice but, watcha going to do...

-Ares AEG M4A1
                              -G&P AEG M4 EOD
                              -G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine (Not sure which is which with the G&P...)
                              -G&P AEG M4A1 Rifle

These are within what I want, not sure what's up with them. Didn't look specifics. Feel free to mention some handy attachments also!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aromasin Find out more about Aromasin
                              Working...
                              X