Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Spring for an L96 to be below 350 FPS

Dear All,

My son has sourced himself a sniper rifle (L96) that is currently too hot for our local site as I believe its running around the 420-450 FPS mark, so I will need to learn how to change the spring but more imprtantly what spring should I replace it with?

Many thanks Tony

PS - Please note this message is totally different to the weight of BB to FPS thread earlier, as I'm aware as that one was about dropping a 20-30FPS not a 100, even I'm not that daft

Re: Which Spring for an L96 to be below 350 FPS

You should by fine putting an m100 in it, if not, an m90. Also, i know what you said about the other thread... But using a heavier bb to decrease the fps is a waste of time, because at the end of the day, its cheating, and the muzzle energy is still the same. But yea, an m100 should ( i say should, it might be slightly over, you can always clip it a bit) be ok

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

Not an m100 or M90. Bolt action rifles use different springs. Laylax (PSS2/PSS96) 110SP Spring is what you want. You may have to clip it abit it all depends how how good the airseal of the rifle is. Z1 have them for £13.00 (LXPSS2110)

Comment

ThanKs for the quick reply - just to be sure is the Laylax PSS10 100SP spring found on Zero One a M100 spring?

Again many thanks Tony

Comment

Now thats a quick reply - as the reply arrived before I posted the question, God you guys are good!!!!:D

Many thanks Tony

Comment

PSS parts are for vsr's/bar's. PSS2/PSS96 are whats needed for L96's. I had a PSS10 100SP in my bar-10 and it was firing at 330, but it was highly upgraded. In a non upgraded bar-10 it would probably have struggled to reach 300. So unless the rilfe is upgraded, a PSS2/PSS96 110SP should be perfect

Comment

sorry its a bit late, i meant pss2 :D but also, it depends who manufactures the 96? If its a clone, and shooting that hot out of the box, then just a pss2 100sp should be around 330. As already said, if your going to be learning how to do it anyway, go for the 110, and then you can really get to grips with tinkering whilst you constantly dissasemble and reassemble it to clip stupidly small amounts of the spring off :D

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

most sites have a 450 limit for bolt action sniper rifles, why does your site have 350??
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I don't know for sure but I would imagine that its because -

1) They allow children to play - so plenty of experianced 14 yr olds
                  2) Although its woodland - theres not many games when you start off miles apart

But changing the spring was so easy it can easily be upgraded when we go to another site, although even with the lower powered spring my son has been able to hit a head size target at 35-40yards with 0.25 100% so you can't grunble about that:D

many thanks for everys help

T

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thehumanprimate Fat, Old, but still think I'm in my teens :+) Find out more about thehumanprimate
                  Working...
                  X