airsoft venue age limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airsoft venue age limit?

Hi guys, my 11 year old son has recently taken an interest in airsoft and would like to join me and a freind when we go but cant seem to find any venues nearby which allow under 15's to play?

we live in north yorkshire in the leeds/york area.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

Re: airsoft venue age limit?

I may be wrong but i think its an insurance thing as to why under 15's arent allowed. I think at my site there has to be a parent with an under 16 at all times, as i said i may be wrong. Im sure somebody on here knows why.
    sigpic

Comment

The youngest I've seen is an 'over-12's' limit. They must also wear full face protection.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I am pretty sure theres an 11 year old airsofter on this forum who lives in yorkshire....

Comment

I have an 11 year old son and we play airsoft together (although he's nearly 12). I always attend the same game and have always spoken to the site managers before hand as to his age.

I think its partly an insurance thing but also to do with the maturity levels of children. I consider my son as mature enough to play an adult game in an adult environment (he can also take a close range hit!) however I would hate to attend a game day with more than 5 of them running about!!

I would suggest calling the site direct and speaking with them about their policies. Like i say its an adult game and even though my son plays (and it has very much bought us together), look how the little blighters have invaded our pubs!

As much as i love him he is also aware that he is in an adult environment therefore he plays by the rules. No exceptions or even chances - he mucks about and its home time!

My son and i are always grateful to airsoft sites for letting us play and we continue to be so. But I would not want it changed into a kiddie day out. They have the ball park in the corner of the pub for that already.
          Last edited by Cannonfodder; 27 June, 2011, 15:31. Reason: bad spelling
          All these moments lost in time........Like tears in the rain.

Comment

Can`t help directly but the site I marshal at sometimes (Devon/Cornwall) allows 11 and upwards provided they have a parent with them at all times. They also run 'Young Guns' days where you drop the kids off and they teach them a few tactics and then let them have a game. I wish a few more sites would catch onto the idea as it works well. The adults aren`t plagued by kids on the walk ons, and the kids can do their own thing and don`t have to follow 'grandad' around.

Comment

F&O have a site up in otley and there stated age limit is 13 but if you give them a ring you might be able to allow him to play.
              sigpic

Comment

I know it's not in your area, but I've seen quite young kids playing at GZW. Having said that, I've also known them to be banned for general messing about.

I'd suggest that you call the sites local to you and explain the situation. Most owners will be glad to get new players involved as long as their insurance allows it. Try taking him to a couple of sites too, so the owners can meet him and assess his maturity. Explaining to them that you take full responsibility for his behaviour, and that you'll pull him out of the game in an instant if there's any issues, will also help.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, i'll try giving the otley site a ring and see how i go and check some others. The one at knottingly is very close but by the look of the website its over 15's.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X