is the tm vsr10 g-spec worth it ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the tm vsr10 g-spec worth it ???

im looking to buy a vsr10 and wonder if it is worth the extra £55 for the g-spec over the pro ????
    Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
    SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
    Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Re: is the tm vsr10 g-spec worth it ???

internally its no different bar a smaller barrel, its what you prefer, basically your paying the extra for a silencer, not sure if it comes scoped? and the scope if it does indeed.
    sigpic

Comment

i'd say go for the JG version, snipers in airsoft are pretty useless unless upgraded and with the TM your paying extra for all the quality stock internals that you would be not using if you upgrade it
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

The outer barrel is fatter and shorter on the G-SPEC and it comes with a silence. Also, it has a scope rail already included on the gun, and the bolt handle is slightly different.

The only differences are cosmetic, other than the inner barrel length, but that doesn't affect accuracy anyway.

Your personal preference basically

Comment

Yes it is.:D

The G-spec is essentially the same rifle with a few enhancements. Most noticeable is the shorter barrel length. The lack of inner barrel length makes no difference to the accuracy or range of this version over it's longer brother. But the shorter outer barrel helps when moving around and with the silencer removed makes it a very compact urban marksman's rifle.

One of the nice things with the G-spec is it comes with a scope rail already mounted which saves you £20. And at least you know it's fitted straight!

The big bonus with the G-spec is the different bolt handle. On the VSR10 the bolt handle can catch some scopes but on the G-spec the handle is canted so that it does not interfere with the scope making the whole cocking procedure much better.

Unless you are really tight for money buy the Tokyo Marui version don't waste your time with the clones. Virtually all the most hard hitting and accurate spring sniper rifles ever built and used by the best proponents of the art use the TM as a base so follow there lead.

There is a very good thread in the technical section that will teach you all you need to know about that.

I have had both versions and if you get into it both will do an excellent job either as standard rifles or as a base for upgrades. My personal preference would be for the G-spec although I think the Full barrel version looks better.

Phil...

Comment

I personally feel the JG stock feels better in the hand than the TM, and the G-Spec bolt handle feels more comfortable to me.

But I also think the TM receiver is built better than the JG. Both rifles will generally perform exactly the same after upgrades.

Comment

yeah i would personally stick to the tm but just that in the case you do want to upgrade it then go with the JG, all thats going to remain stock is most probably the cylinder and the hop unit mechanically
              like mentioned the gspec is much more mobile and generall feels better than the bar 10 however i think it does really just come down to personaly preference as theres no plus' or cons performance wise
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Remember that the OP is asking about the Tokyo Marui versions and has not mentioned the clones.

To the OP: Either TM will see you hitting targets accurately at range with almost no sound for as long as you can stay hidden. The TM internals will handle a small upgrade in power with no modifications IE an M110 spring which in mine gave close to 370fps from 280fps new. You do not need to change the trigger but if you want to go a little higher say around 420fps then you can buy a sear kit for less than £40 and that is all you need to do. I would also suggest you go up a few weight levels in your ammo, 0.25g minimum but ideally you want to be around the 0.3g mark or heavier.

You can go allot further than this obviously but for £160 for the VSR-10 £40 for sears and about £15 for the spring you will have a gun that will out-range most of what you will find on the field. And it wont of broken the bank.

You will wear things out eventually so then if you have enjoyed using the gun you spend the money and get it running at it's optimum level for those long shots worthy of a YouTube video.:D

Comment

i think i'll get the g-spec then as i like the look of the silence. i was after leaving it stock for abit and just upgrade as bits wear out
                  Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
                  SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
                  Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by gsipete View Post
                    i think i'll get the g-spec then as i like the look of the silence. i was after leaving it stock for abit and just upgrade as bits wear out
                    Excellent choice! Just get some decent 0.25 ammo (Madbul or Blaster) and spend some time setting the hop.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gsipete Find out more about gsipete
                    Working...
                    X