MP5K stock question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5K stock question?

Hi guys i have another MP5K question and this time its about a PDW stock i bought for the gun. The idea was to buy a MP5K and then put the stock on to make it a PDW version without the flashider. However when i got the gun i realised there was no way to attach on the stock to the gun. Although having had a look at the base plate it looks like you might be able to drill three holes in it to attach it to the stock. Has anyone ever done this before? If so do you any advice or am i missing a really easy way to attach the stock without modification?

Thanks in advance Nick
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: MP5K stock question?

This might sound silly, but doesn't it just replace the mp5k stock plate? As in the part with the sling loop on it? I would have thought if you remove that, then the pdw stock should just slot into place!
    Originally posted by Moving_Shadow
    Gold Plated? Sorry, I spent all my money on the gun, can I just put some christmas tinsel on it?
    Originally posted by Coz
    Them Tusken raiders are a sensitive peoples, especialy the gay ones

Comment

Originally posted by kingadamb View Post
      This might sound silly, but doesn't it just replace the mp5k stock plate? As in the part with the sling loop on it? I would have thought if you remove that, then the pdw stock should just slot into place!
      thats what i thought but there is no-way it can do that its not even close. I also should have mentioned that i can see marks which make an outline of the base plate on the stock(if thats makes sense) so i think the base plate does go on the end of the stock but im just not too sure how.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Have you any pictures of the stock? That might help in identifying how to get it to fit.
        Originally posted by Moving_Shadow
        Gold Plated? Sorry, I spent all my money on the gun, can I just put some christmas tinsel on it?
        Originally posted by Coz
        Them Tusken raiders are a sensitive peoples, especialy the gay ones

Comment

sorry i cant get any pictures at the moment but the stock plate is defo ike the normal ones and i am pretty sure that the PDW stock is normal as well. The gun is TM and the stock is classic army(fairly sure-can check if really needed).
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

are you able to remove the sling attachment on the plate,and swap the plate over with the folding stock?
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i removed a PDW stock from my TM and replaced it with a K plate so reverse of what you are doing
              it was a straight swap over - one off one on

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                Hi guys i have another MP5K question and this time its about a PDW stock i bought for the gun. The idea was to buy a MP5K and then put the stock on to make it a PDW version without the flashider. However when i got the gun i realised there was no way to attach on the stock to the gun. Although having had a look at the base plate it looks like you might be able to drill three holes in it to attach it to the stock. Has anyone ever done this before? If so do you any advice or am i missing a really easy way to attach the stock without modification?

Thanks in advance Nick
                have you removed the base plate first? 2 body pins pop out

Comment

Okay so i can take off the sling attachment but how would i then put the stock on as there is sill to way of attaching it to the gun.

I cannot just put the stock on my gun because like i have said there is no way of attaching it.

And yes i have removed the base plate before trying.
                  For sale:

-Splitting M4
                  -MP5 Parts
                  -MP7a1
                  -M9 Magazine

Comment

Ok having just checked some google images on PDW stocks i can see that mine unlike all of the results does not have a base plate attached to it. So it looks like i will have to attach a base plate to my stock. Like i said above it looks like it wants me to drill three holes in my base plate so i can put three screws through it and into my stock. Has anyone ever done this before, and if so do you have any tips or does anyone have any other ideas? The only problem with this would be if i wanted to take the stock off i would have three holes in the base plate
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Anyone got any ideas i am going to be doing it today and would appreciate soem advice as im sure there must be some one who can have a look at there PDW stock to see how its done?
                      For sale:

-Splitting M4
                      -MP5 Parts
                      -MP7a1
                      -M9 Magazine

Comment

unless you are able to provide pictures of your stock for us to compare, there is not a lot that can be suggested
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ok no worries i have done it now and it has work fine cheers anyway guys
                          For sale:

-Splitting M4
                          -MP5 Parts
                          -MP7a1
                          -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                          Working...
                          X