Ammo in a Skirmish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo in a Skirmish

How much Ammo would I be Using in a 10 minute game, 20 minute game, and a 30 Minute game?

I will have 2 Mags at that point. Both Hicap but one is a 330 round mag and the other is a 450 round mag (came with the gun)

Ammo is one of my main concerns, I dont have alot of money being 13.(BEFORE anyone makes a post about me being too young to buy an Airsoft gun, My Dad bought me it as a GIFT and is more than 51% Transparent)

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Re: Ammo in a Skirmish

That'll be fine. I typically use about 300 rounds in a half-hour game.

Comment

2 Hi-Cap mags for a short game should be more than enough, though depending on how well you conserve your ammo you may need to refill a mag for games that last a little longer (I tend to carry a bottle or bag of BB's in a spare pocket/pouch unless there's ammo restriction in play, just incase)
      AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Some sites restrict the amount of ammo you can take out on each game, to stop spray and pray tactics.

Dragon Valley, for example, restrict you to 600 rounds per game (roughly 1/2 hours each), or 2000 (I think) if using a recognised real world support weapon, and God help you if you're caught carrying more!
        sigpic

Comment

Agreed with above points!

Best to have both magazines to the brim before going out - they should last, depending on how heavy your finger is on the trigger.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i cud use between 2000-3000 per half hour game but i use a heavy machine gun.got 2 double ak pouches to put 4 3000 bottles of ammo in lol

Comment

even on a full game day with over 60 people i only refilled my 6 x 40 round mags once during today

thats less 480 rounds in an entire day

obviously in short games your more likely to blast around alot - but theres no reason to just keep your finger on the trigger

im sure they will last you the short games
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I tend to use Semi Auto. I prefer it for some weird reason.

so when I get a Tactical belt/vest (havn't decided yet) I need to store 2-3 Mags and a Bottle of BB's...

Sorted

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Comment

Semi Auto (y) In that sort of length game, with the gun you have, anything over 500 rounds should be more than enough. the best thing, just play one of the games, and see how much you use. Another little tip, i find that carrying spare beebs around in a bottle can be really noisy an annoying. I normally transfer mine to one of those resealable sandwhich/freezer bags, so that you can wrap it up tight, and they wont be bouncing around in a hard plastic container.

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

full day i usuay pack 5-8 450 rnd highcaps, my gun pushes 35 RPS so they dont last too long. i also carry an extra 3k in a zipper pencil case with the top 1/4 of a coke bottle in one corner. so i can pour them into high caps.

i generaly dont play short games but i finds they use more ammo than normal games due to the way they play. i used more ammo in one point defence game at Skurmish paintball than all of the GZ weekender last year.
                    Last edited by bigfish312; 16 August, 2009, 13:03.
                    Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

I found that a lot of newbies tend to just spray and pray, and i must admit, i did this when i first started, and went through tonnes of ammo, but now i only use mid caps (100rounds) and play more tactically, which i find much more enjoyable, plus it is cheaper on the ammo front.

So in response to your question, i would recommend just shooting in 1-2 second bursts, and plan your movements more, just let all the other noobs waste their ammo on cover fire while you move closer and ultimately get more kills.

Remember it only takes 1 bb to make a kill!

Hope that helps,

JB
                      Trader Feedback

Comment

i have, 9 mags. 7 100rnd mids, 1 300rnd high cap and a 200 round vietnam mag.
                        i take a bag of beebs and a speend loader with me. thats it:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xAlanAttackx Find out more about xAlanAttackx
                        Working...
                        X