Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Hi Cappa 5.1 Dragon

Hey guys finally got my UKARA through so I bought a bunch of new toys :D
    Most of which are fine but my Pistol (Hi Cappa 5.1 Dragon) is playing up. Basically it will fire a few shots but after that the gas fires but the BB's just roll out the end. I'm using Abby Ultra Gas and the weather is fine, any ideas or solutions? I have been told about maybe using silicone on the internals but I don't have any! Will WD40 work?
    Cheers, Dan.

Re: WE Hi Cappa 5.1 Dragon

Have u tried playing with the hop

Comment

DO NOT USE WD-40, it will destroy any ruber seals and only make things worse. if you have a bnq close near you get a can of 3in1 professional silicone spray lubricant, big yellow and black can, cost about £4. only used silicone based oils and greases on airsoft stuff
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Sounds like the mag is feeding 2 bbs. Pull the slide back, and let it forward slowly, does it feed properly?

Avoid WD40 on anything Airsoft, it kills seals... like a shark...

Go with a cloth and clean the barrel and hop up as it is probably gunked up. And Abbey Ultra has enough lube to keep it running well, just try putting some 134a Maintenance Gas (also Abbey) through every 10-15 mags.
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Yup put it right up...

Comment

Ol I'll avoid WD40 like the plague lol cheers for the heads up! I'll try what's been suggested too, thanks for the help guys much appreciated!

Comment

you wont want the hop right up either, as it will put to much pressure on the bb, take it right off, then slowly put it on more and more unti the bb rises slightly towards the end of its flight, you dont want it shooting up, or dropping down without a slight rise.
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Silly question but I'm guessing you are filling the gas in the mags properly? Gas Can not running low?

Are you able to take a pit of down the barrel and post it for us? Could be something out of place?
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Its feeding multiple BB's, I am filling it fine as I boughta brand new can too plus it still fires but the BB just drops out. I'll take it apart and use a cloth to get rid of any crap then get some of that silicone I was recommended from B&Q and adjust the hop. If all else fails I'll show it to someone when I'm next at a site.

Comment

Sorry, I mean feeding 2 bbs at the same time? if so then that needs addressing.
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Right, well I bought it brand new from Zero one so I'll give them a call tommorow to see what they suggest...

Comment

mine was doing this (unfortunatly i had to leave it at a mates house and so it wasn't getting the tlc gbbp's need) i stripped it down greased it up (gun grease on all the moving metal parts/ silicon spray oil stuff to clear all the **** out of the gas parts, put it back together and it's playing nice again. the problem on mine was the 'air seal' in the barrel, as in the lack of one. after greasing it all up and setting the hop right the bb's are 'held' in place better. so it fires like a dream. (a very noisy intimidating dream, but a dream non the less)

o ya, did you lube it up before using it? almost every one i know who uses gbbp's doesn't bother/ didn't bother the first time. and there always surpised when they don't fire at less than 15*C, or give more than 10 rounds.

if not it's a reasonably easy fix, just get some silocone oil and make sure everything which needs to have a good seal is well oiled up, and then make sure you do the same thing after games and after long stints in storage etc

Comment

Ok so I did what was advised with the silicone and lube etc but it's still failing. I think I'm gonna have to send it back...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WeeManDan Find out more about WeeManDan
                          Working...
                          X