Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Rail Mounted Accessories for an M4.....What ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Mounted Accessories for an M4.....What ones?

Hey all, been looking through the forums for last few days and have gathered a few ideas but just really wanted peoples opinions on everything. Im about to buy a Magpul PTS MOE M4, already know where abouts im heading with customizing it so firstly i want to put a longer DD 12" rail on it.

What im not sure is on what rail mounted accessories i want to add, so im looking for the best recommendations whether there expensive or replica's it doesnt matter as its just to give me a few ideas. Im looking at a red dot sight, 4x acog, torch, laser perhaps etc. Also wanted to know if there was any other accessories i should be looking to mount, i play all game modes so im quite happy to swap and change between them all.

Thanks guys

Re: Rail Mounted Accessories for an M4.....What ones?

Ive got Peq battery box and torch foregrip

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I have a EOTech 552 ( the REAL one ), but that will set you back by £400 at least. Also got Magpul XTM rail covers and a guarder front grip
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Why would you buy a 12" rail system if you don't even know what you want it for? Surely it would just be a waste of money buying an entire RIS just to mount a torch on.

Obviously it's your money and your rifle so do whatever you like with it.

In regards to your question, i like the aimpoint & magnifier setup, whatever foregrip you find comfy and then a working PEQ-15 could be useful if you play CQB. Basically whatever you like the look of/find useful

Comment

Whatever you want to put on it. If you want lasers, optics, torches, grenade launchers.... whatever the hell you want and what you use.

Personally I think TACTICOOOOL M4's covered in RIS and accessories look bloody stupid.

I have 3 RIS rails on my G36 and I struggle to find anything to put on them! :P Ive got a PEQ battery box but only because I got feed up trying to cram a battery into the stupid tiny handguard.

Comment

I know roughly what i want to put on it, and i like the look of the longer rail (its just personal preference really) im just unsure what brands and makes i should be looking at, i know eotech sets you back a fair bit but really what acog and red dot sights are generall considered the best.

Comment

Trjcon For a acog ( £330+ ) Aimpoint for red dot ( £470+ ). The clones are obviously cheaper
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Trijicon acogs go into the thousands. if you can get one that cheap consider yourself lucky!
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Of all the red dot sights I've tried I like the Aimpoint the best. A decent quality clone will put you back somewhere in the £50-80 region from HK. Cheaper are easily available, but the trades aren't anywhere near as good and they break pretty easily.

Other than that, it's a question of what you like the look of, or think you'll use. Personally, I don't see the point in lugging round extra weight just because it looks good, but some people are trying to replicate a particular look and that will include things like PEQs and magnifiers.

I personally didn't find the AFG comfortable, but if you have the full Magpul look, then one would fit right in.

On my 416 I've kept it down to an Aimpoint, vert grip and laser (for snap shots around buildings etc, where I can leave it on and press the loud button when it crosses over a target!).
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, Ive heard good things about the G&P acogs anyone had any first hand experience with them?

Also what about lasers, who should I be looking at brand wise. As there's hundreds out there and can cost an arm and a leg so don't wanna end up with any old toot

Thanks again

Comment

one of these http://www.blogcdn.com/www.asylum.co...0/deathray.jpg :D

Comment

Toaster.
                        Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DC23 Find out more about DC23
                        Working...
                        X