Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

how can you make your aeg fire silently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can you make your aeg fire silently?

hey everyone, just wanted to no the above, have a classic army sr25 dmr and wanted to know if you can make it quieter when firing?
    sigpic

Re: how can you make your aeg fire silently?

You can make it quieter but it will never be 'silent'
    If it moves shoot it..
    If it's still moving RUN!!!

Comment

how tho? i dont really me silent like you'll never hear it but quiet enough so that if your 10 or so meters away you cant hear it
      sigpic

Comment

If it is a DMR your supposed to be shooting people no closer than 20 metres at least at most sites.

Searching the forrums will also show answers to this question that has been asking too many times (even by myself).

Basically, make sure the gearbox is propperly shimmed. Your using a decent quality high torque motor, your using a silent (element) piston head with sorberfoam padding / silencing pads inside your clinder.

Silencer will help (SR25's look fit with long silencers). Also look into cramming any gap in side your gun (arround the gearbox) with more sorberfoam padding.

That is about it, will be time consuming but generally worth it. You can do extra little things too such as using different spring guides, need to make sure your airseal is as good as possible etc etc but as stated, it will never be uber silent but can be close.

Comment

get a better gearbox, if youre gun fires loudly its probarly the gearbox.. or not. hope this helps.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrJSH View Post
            its probarly the gearbox.. or not. hope this helps.
            ?!!
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

try sorbo pads, to get rid of the screech of the motor (if you have it) you need to have a pretty fast setup, say 16:1 gears shs torque motor, mosfet, 11.1 lipo battery. good shimming etc.

nie big silencer with proper sound insulation. and any padding you can fit around the gearbox.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Pretty much what's been said already.

The noise comes from the gearbox as it turns, the piston as it hits the front of the box and the motor as it turns.

You've got a CA, so the motor should be pretty silent already. If it's not, then the height may need a tweak.

The GB turning can only be reduced to a smallish degree by making sure it's running as efficiently as possible. So, make sure it's shimmed properly and well (but no over) lubed. With an M16/M4 style body, there's very little room to sound deaden the outside of the box, but fit in what you can.

The piston head can be dampened using sorbothane pads, either bought, or cut from running shoe inserts. Remember this will effect the length of the piston, so some adjustment might be needed.

A lot of people use a silencer to cover an extended barrel, so this won't make any difference to the sound produced. If, on the other hand, you use a silencer beyond the inner barrel then it will make a difference if it's filled with some form of open cell foam. I've got some of the non-slip dashboard matting that you can buy rolled up in my ICS MP5 SD silencer as it's a little bit more effective than the foam that's supplied. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it is noticeable quieter with the silencer than without.

Last, but by far not least, is to make sure the shot is over with as quickly as possible. Single shot only, using a higher voltage battery, will give the enemy less time to hear the GB turn. Equally, deans connectors will speed things up just a little bit. High torque gears, 11.1v lipo and deans will give the best results.
                sigpic

Comment

thanks for the info guys, i shall get to it
                  sigpic

Comment

Helical cut gear sets make a radical difference.

Making sure the cylinder is balanced to the barrel length, if there is far too much volume of air, you will get the full sound of the piston slapping the cylinder head. But be warned...Too little and it doesn't matter how quiet your gun is, you won't be hitting anything. Except ground.

Tight bores so there is less gap for sound to escape from arround the bb.

Dynamat is better than sorbo for areas inside the body. They even do a spray for those hard to reach places.

I suppose wrapping the pistol grip in something like a tennis handle grip would help. But then that also helps to keep any generated heat in. Guess someone could try it.

Fill any unused space in the stock (anywhere really I gueess) with something sound deadening.

As the noise comes from the gears and motor, somekind of gun ghillie is always going to help.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                    Working...
                    X