Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85 rail mount adaptor

Hi guys,

Spotted the above available from a web retailer that I won't mention, it's the correct type / length for fitting a scope direct to the L85...
    So my question is, will this fit on an Ares L85?
    Can't workout from pics if this slides over existing dovetail or if it totally replaces it - if that's the case will the fixing holes into the body be different?
    Strange to see something for ICS but not for others, usually the other way round!
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Re: ICS L85 rail mount adaptor

You can get them that just screw on to it
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
      You can get them that just screw on to it
      Yeah I've got a normal riser rail I'm using at the mo but the sight sits really high and these are low profile and look better
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Might replace the original by the sounds of it, I'll look into it tomorrow
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Cheers mate, zero one do stock it but says nothing about it and no picture... So not much use.

Comment

Right, I have had a look at it and I"m unsure by the picture if it replaces it or not. Phone ZerOne up and ask about the specs, then we can move forward

Comment

Cheers mate, will do!

Comment

Well nobody I spoke to seemed sure so I've bought one. I'm sure if it doesn't quite line up I can make it
                Or just sell it on to someone with an ICS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
                  Well nobody I spoke to seemed sure so I've bought one. I'm sure if it doesn't quite line up I can make it
                  Or just sell it on to someone with an ICS!

You never know until you try :D

Comment

Got the rail and now fitted to my LSW...
                    It does mount using existing holes but unless you have an ICS sa80 only one will line up.
                    I used a supplied screw to mount it at the forward position and that was enough to hold it tight along the length, for extra security I added sone glue to the back end.
                    Really you could easily drill a new hole in the top of the receiver and then fit the rear screw, they'll self tap into the hole.
                    I may still do this but for the moment I'm happy how it is.
                    Look awesome, if you're using a specter on your sa80 then get one

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike581 Ex Forces Find out more about Mike581
                    Working...
                    X