Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope zeroing in Help

Hello

I have read numerous guides and watched many videos on how to zero my scope in however my shots are hitting lower than my scope will allow me to adjust to.

is this because my scope is mounted too high? I am using a TM M14 scope mount on a WE M14 and it fits (with only 1 bolt). I have adjusted my hop up so the BB's hit my target while flying flat and not arcing.

I am assuming the adjustment dial on my scope with the "up ->" on it means I move the cross hair up? its locked in the opposite direction as far as it will go.

Have you tried adjusting it to the other extreme? I've found with some scopes/sights that the markings can be wrong. Or just confusing as to what they mean.

With scopes, turning the top dial clockwise will pull the crosshairs upwards (imagine them as being attached on the end of a screw) whereas turning them anti-clockwise is like loosening the mechanism which allows the crosshairs to drop downwards. I hope that wasn't as confusing as it could have been - it makes sense in my head!

Also, how far below your crosshairs do the BBs fly? I presume you're not shooting upwards?

Comment

Re: Scope zeroing in Help

I didn't try all the way to the other extreme, and yeh the adjuster is locked down tight (as in screwed all the way in).

at roughly 50 meters the shots are consistently about 30cm lower then where I am aiming

Comment

What you want to do is get a bit of cardboard put a black circle on it, choose a distance, I went about 35 metres. Then make sure your gun is completely level and the crosshairs rest exactly on the spot you made. Take a shot, see there the bb hits and then look through the scope as you turn the adjustment on the scope with a flathead or a coin and until the crosshairs line up directly with the bb mark.

Then repeat, move the gun so the scope crosshairs line up on the spot and continue until doing that method until the bb hits the spot as many times as you want it to.

It's a rough way or doing it but that's how I zero'd my scope on my VSR... Just make sure the gun is completely level. Trust me, it helps.
        sigpic

Comment

Get the cross hairs back into the middle of the scope and then use a small shim/s to raise the rear of the sight slightly. You should only really use the windage and drop adjusters for fine tuning.

If you get the gun onto a solid surface, fire a shot into the target and then move the sight till the cross hairs are pretty well on the hole, you'll be in the right area to fine tune it.
          sigpic

Comment

what magnification scope is it? if its a hunting scope you need to bare in mind its ment to be zeroed 200m plus and there a little out when closer.
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

hmmm, ok, lots of info.

its only a 2-6 x28, not really much needed for airsoft I didn't think! how does one insert a shim to raise the sight?

the difficulty being that its attached via 20mm rail the same as a red dot would be i.e. there's no scope loops - its all one unit that sits on the rail.

I don't know if 30cm out at 50m in airsoft is fine tuning? maybe I should get it right at a closer range like kagedwolf suggested and then do 50 as I don't think rockinrobin's idea of wedging it up is going to work
              Last edited by Karnus; 4 July, 2011, 23:31.

Comment

I've done mine at 35, but yes you can do so again at 50 if you so wish to, hell.. You can do it to 200 is you want but I doubt you'll be getting shots that far anyway, especially without severe wind resistance against the flight path and so on.
                sigpic

Comment

If I remember...UP moves the cross hair down and so raising your aim.

A common problem is people orientate the scope sideways.

Just a thought, is your hop set or could you tweek that a little.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

As above up probably means down, seen this loads of times, also my mate was just turning the dust cover thinking that was the adjustment lol

Originally posted by Metalbody
                    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                      As above up probably means down, seen this loads of times, also my mate was just turning the dust cover thinking that was the adjustment lol
                      Give me some credit... :p I'll have a tinker

Comment

Yeh - turns out down was up and left was right I think hehe, also I've noticed because I only have 1 bolt attaching the scope mount it pivots slightly which is annoying - gonna have to shell out for a WE low profile i think

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
                        Working...
                        X