Western Arms mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Arms mags?

Is it just me, or are they a pain in the ass to fill with gas? I just recieved a WA M9 and I love it, however the mags dont seem to hold very much gas before spurting out the top as if theyre full? Am I doign something wrong or do they just not hold very much gas? I can just about get a full mag worth of bb's per fill of gas, which doesnt seem like very good gas consumption to me! D: Im using propane BTW if that makes a difference.

Re: Western Arms mags?

In my personal experience of full metal WA pistols, just about getting a full mag is about right! Maybe even quite good...

Comment

full metal WA pistols
      No WA pistols are full metal out of the box from what I know.

Are you are holding down the latch by the valve when filling?

Comment

its an ABS M9, and latch? what latch? O.o

Comment

This thing by the valve:

Comment

Oh, do you have to hold it down? Didnt know that! What does it do?

Comment

Well on their pistols it covers up the valve, so if you don't hold it down all the gas is vented straight out

Comment

Hm well I tried that and they seemed to take a little longer to fill up this time, so maybe that was it.. only one way to find out, what a shame now Ive got to go shoot off some mags and annoy my housemates :P

EDIT:

okay appeared to make bugger all difference. I can still barely empty a single mag of bb's out of it... D: fffffu I thought WA were supposed to be great pistols? ;_;
                Last edited by Tiercel; 7 July, 2011, 16:03.

Comment

What gas are you using? My old WA Beretta could fire of about 60 rounds from 1 charge of Abbey Ultra.

Comment

Propane

Comment

Well I have always had it in my mind that the lower powered the gas, the more rounds you get off. With my TM Glock 17 I can get about 55 shots off on 134a but only 30 on Green. This might be the issue. I'm pretty sure if you used a lower powered gas you'd get more shots off, but that's a compromise you'd have to weigh out.

Comment

How bizzare, never heard that before... not saying its wrong, but I may have to give it a try, shame I only have propane kicking about.

Comment

Sorry I must have been thinking of WE!

Comment

I've had my wa 92fs for 10 years + now and only ever used 134 abbey .
                            Few tips
                            On the back af the mag there's and allen bolt make sure that is tight .And the 2 screws that hold the blow back mech are tight .
                            Make sure the rubber in the top of the mag is seated correctly are it will fly out when you next use it.
                            Keep and eye on the slide there prone to cracking near to the locking lugs .
                            If i remember anything else will post up on here ...

EDIT...Don't over use the de-cocker ! Try and get in to the habit of putting the safe on but dropping the hammer under control .If you don't ! Over time the safety will crack in half

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                            Working...
                            X