Clear All

• Which spring sniper?

All in stock form
    • Maurzen l96
    • Well/ Warrior l96
    • TM L96
    • TM VSR
    • ASG SVD

Just wondering if the TM and Maurzen can go up to 500 fps without any internal upgrades apart from the spring.

I would then upgrade accuracy if that was the case. I don't want to buy a better quality gun than the well just to replace it all anyway...

Thanks!

Re: Which spring sniper?

had the well l96 - bit ropey

would def think about the dragunov

Comment

• tm l96
      • tm vsr

you wont need 500 with these, bt if adamant, they will need upgrades
      sigpic

Comment

They can both go to 500fps without upgrades but won't last long. I mean not long at all. If you're looking for a decent stock sniper rifle get a warrior/Well l96 or A&k SVD if you are not doing many upgrades or for a upgrade platform a TM VSR or L96 if you have the money.
        VSR is The preferred of many.
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Well/Warrior l96

Mine is all stock parts. With some tweaks here and there it is now a beast of a rifle. Excellent range, accuracy and power and you can't go wrong for the price. Standard fps is around the 470 margin with .2's out the box

Comment

VSR all day long for me

Comment

Originally posted by b16jus View Post
              VSR all day long for me
              +1 ive just got one and its a great gun in stock and a full on beast upgraded
              Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
              SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
              Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

a stock TM rifle will outrange, shoot more accurately than the stock SVD, despite the large FPS difference, please learn the difference between FPS and range and accuracy, the FPS will only mean the BB gets to the target faster doesn't mean it goes a longer distance because vertical and horizontal velocity are independent. In short get the TM, stick a tight-bore barrel in it and a slightly stronger spring, you'll get much better results than just throwing a massive spring in it.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                Kid has issues

Comment

+2, just got a stock vsr gspec, as accurate as god, and as quiet as anything

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by baffled.orange View Post
                    a stock TM rifle will outrange, shoot more accurately than the stock SVD, despite the large FPS difference, please learn the difference between FPS and range and accuracy, the FPS will only mean the BB gets to the target faster doesn't mean it goes a longer distance because vertical and horizontal velocity are independent. In short get the TM, stick a tight-bore barrel in it and a slightly stronger spring, you'll get much better results than just throwing a massive spring in it.
                    That makes sense what is the stock spring rating?

Comment

Probably like all TMs around 285fps with 0.2g BB.

Comment

Is the stock TM VSR-10 PRO SNIPER awful to use?
                        Also it's identical to the Real shock version apart from the piston?
                        Does it desperately need upgrades to actually get a kill? ~ How much £ to get it okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc22 View Post
                          Is the stock TM VSR-10 PRO SNIPER awful to use?
                          Also it's identical to the Real shock version apart from the piston?
                          Does it desperately need upgrades to actually get a kill? ~ How much £ to get it okay?
                          Really depends what you wanna do, basically a tighter barrel, and a little more power and voala!
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

TM VSR G-Spec and stick a pro length tightbore into it as it will go halfway into the silencer.

Pro is just as good you just have a hard time trying to source an adapter / silencer for it.

TM VSR Stock will handle 410fps max for a long period of time... Anything over that and you will get half a days use out of it!

I would say if you want an L96 go for a new Warrior L96, i had 3 of them at 480 to 500fps on stock trigger sears and they were working fine for months but sold all them now.

You can get a stock Warrior L96, put a VSR 150 spring it in and a tightbore barrel and it will sit at 480fps spot on and work all day long fine (i know as i have done it 2 weeks ago and its still alive).

I prefer the VSR over a L96 purely because the hop is easier to adjust on a VSR and it is lighter.

P.s. i am selling an upgraded TM VSR PRO just needs upgraded sears.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikeyc22 19 Find out more about Mikeyc22
                            Working...
                            X