Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA XM177e2 What are they like?

Hey all
    As the summer roles up out comes the nam gear :D And i have decided to get a xm177e2 for my macv-sog loadout.
    I know G&P are releasing one soon but i have come across a CA one for sale and its going at a fair price.

He says its all 110% Working but i don't know what CA airsoft guns are like.
    Any help or advice will be great.

RXAM
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: CA XM177e2 What are they like?

I have sworn by ca for years, but it's the owner that trashes any gun!

If it's a good price, go for it, I'd love another one, they are solid guns!

Comment

CA's work amazingly, just watch out the motors can find faults, try and avoid semi auto, i had a m16a1 and used it on semi... Motor went!
      G&P is also really well manufactured, but they have a shorter life in comparison to CA also, they ONLY take g&p mags, nothing else really.
      CA take most mags, and nams all about the mags ;-)
      AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Comment

Firstly, G&P have had an XM177e2 out for years- they are just out of stock often.
        ...I own a G&P M16a1, M16 and CAR15- all run happily on a mix of TM, JG, KA and no-brand mags

I've owned the CA XM177 for about 18 months and put plenty of plastic down range with it

Upsides are useful (but not excessive) rate of fire, accurate out to 50+m and 350fps. Everything's solid and works fine. Pretty light too, considering it's full metal- My G&P CAR15 seems to weigh about half as heavy again, so the XM is great for all day use. It's also very slim compared to M4s and the like.

Downsides are there is only space in the foregrips for crane stock or LiPo packs and the horrible reciever colour/trades aren't correct for 'Nam....I corrected this with some artificial aging and a can of matt black

Really, it's a great Vietnam period carbine but for 'non-historically accurate' loadouts, a CA M4 will do much the same job with more options for bolt-ons, if that's the way your going.
        Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

I can only give you advice on the make not the model .And you wouldn't be wrong in choosing a classic army aeg just replace the motor there crap they don't last long .Fitting a tm hop rubber is a good idea as well...

Comment

The G and P ones are available, I have just got one.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Cheers for all of the advice guys :D

Im just looking for a nam gun thats a nam gun i dont care if its not 100% Right long as it looks the part and puts down charlie

yeah i know G&P have had them around for a while, but am i right in saying there releasing new models? A normal XM177e2 & a XM177e2 with M203?

I probs stick a TM motor in it then as i have always had good experience form them

Cheers again for the Advice
              Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
              Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they've thrown their own M203 kit on their own XM177e2 and called it a 'new model'....There's nothing wrong in that, but it is a bit lazy.

They've also got M633s, M655s and CAR15s to choose from.
                Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Something worth noting about the G&P XM is that it uses a stock tube battery, which pretty much limits you to using LiPo's, which if you aren't already set up for them will involve extra cost.

DC has covered the differences between both manufacturers pretty much perfectly. I would personally go for G&P because finish and trademarks are important to me. I've got a couple of G&P colt commando's and I love them. I sold off the CA XM177 because it didn't really live up to the others. You'll be fine with either make though, they both perform similarly and have similar reputations for reliability.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
                  Working...
                  X