Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Visit

Hi

I live and play Airsoft in Cape Town, South Africa I also runa forum airsoftforum.co.za there.

I will be in the UK from the 08 -16 October and would love to attend a game there. Also I would like to perhaps purchase an airsoft gun....

Could anyone assist?

Welcome

What are the gun laws like out there in regards to airsoft?

For playing, best to google thearea you are going to be and head to the nearest.

As for buying i believe you would only be able to buy a 2 tone gun due to not being uk based if at all.. Rockinrobin, one of the mods on here would be able to give you the definitive answer.
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: UK Visit

Games wise, simply hit google and look for airsoft sites and take your pick. There'll be games at least every Sunday all across the country.

Gun wise, you'll find it very difficult if not impossible. The law now makes it illegal to sell an imitation firearm to anyone who's not a regular skirmisher and I doubt any retailer will accept playing overseas as giving them sufficient protection from prosecution. The only way you may be able to do this is to get a retailer to export it direct to home for you. But, if you're going to go through that hassle, you'd save money if you bought from Hong Kong.
      sigpic

Comment

And like that he shall appear!:D
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
          And like that he shall appear!:D
          you been rubbing on that old lamp again oneshot?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
            Is that a euphimism for something else Joe?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post

No need to with robin is there, you shout and hes there to save the day! ( well give advice, but it helps! ) :D
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                Welcome

What are the gun laws like out there in regards to airsoft?

For playing, best to google thearea you are going to be and head to the nearest.

As for buying i believe you would only be able to buy a 2 tone gun due to not being uk based if at all.. Rockinrobin, one of the mods on here would be able to give you the definitive answer.
                We do not have to colour any part of our guns, Aeg's have a limit of 400fps and bolt action sniper rifles have a limit of 500fps but cannot engage targets within 20 meters, they must carry a side arm.

I would rent a gun if I play in the UK, I would only purchase a gun there to take directly home with me.

I play every weekend and we also host several team events

I normally purchase directly from Hong Kong online Retailers, But if I am in the UK I would save on shipping aspect so it would work out cheaper.

Yes Google would help but I could only play 1 game whilst I am there and would like this to be at a really great site, I have no way of knowing what sites are good or not, I prefer playing in a forest/woodlands environment.
                I will be staying in Charlton near Greenwich at my Friends place.

It would be amazing to experience an airsoft game in another country, I am sooo excited, maybe there could be some type of an exchange program in the future.

Also do you have set photographers taking pics during the event? Would love these for posterity sakes.

Please let me know if any of you come to Cape Town I can definitely put you in touch with all the major retailers and event organisers.

Comment

Where in the UK are you staying, that would help in reccomending sites to play at.

For a unique experience try The Mall, a disused shopping centre in the middle of Readin, never had a bad game day there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyer View Post
                    Where in the UK are you staying, that would help in reccomending sites to play at.

For a unique experience try The Mall, a disused shopping centre in the middle of Readin, never had a bad game day there!!
                    Charlton - I normally prefer Woodlands games, any near there

Comment

Originally posted by Fabzster View Post
                      Charlton - I normally prefer Woodlands games, any near there
                      Charlton as in Charlton in SE London? You won't find any woodland sites anywhere near there.

Wolf Airsoft do games (Very CQB) at Bunker 51 in Charlton

Elite Battlezone (and Firefight Combat Simulation) do games at a disused pharmaceutical development laboratory in Bexley, which is easy enough to get to from Charlton.

Elite Battlezone also run games in Northfleet, in a disused cable factory. That's quite easily reachable by train from London.

Tactical Warfare Airsoft have a small woodland site near Croydon.

Ultimate Wargames run a woodland site near Fawkham in Kent, which you can get to by train from London (and then a short taxi ride).
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

twa that has just been mentioned is a great little site very friendly very relaxed and very fun :D i dont think ive ever had a bad day going there

welcome to the uk (when you get here) and hope you enjoy it! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fabzster Find out more about Fabzster
                        Working...
                        X