M4 Sight Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Sight Advice

Hey all, right well I'm about to buy an m4 and want a bit of help more than anything on the sight options.

I'm looking at swapping between a red dot/holo, 4x cog and then iron sights. Cost isn't really an issue at the moment as I'm only looking for now. So the questions I have are as follows:

1) I've been looking at the Eotech's for a holo sight, and don't really understand the difference between models such as the 512, 551, and 552 Or even the 553. Which one is generally the most common and 'best' if one can be.

2) Then I'm also looking at the aimpoint, specifically the compm4's. Does anyone have any experience with these and if so are they a good bet?

3) Next I'm looking for a 4x acog. However I've primarily been looking at the g&p ones as they seem to get good reviews and don't cost the earth. Are these good choices for an acog, that way I can spend more on the holo etc. For an acog I really want the proper reticule not a red dot if I can help it.

Thanks for all you help and if you have any suggestions That I ain't mentioned then please let me know so I can check them out. Heared there are good clones such as hurricane etc so if you have any ideas about these then again just let me know.

Thanks again guys and have a good day!!!!!!

Re: M4 Sight Advice

I've heard good things about the Compm4. You really don't need one of each of all those optics though. If you're set on it then go ahead, its your money, but the 4x ACOG is completly unnecessary for airsoft ranges and out of the eotech and aimpoint you only need one cos they do the same job. My advice would be to buy one of the red dots and then spend the rest of the money on a decent vest or something.

Comment

Right the difference in the eotechs are that the 551 is shorter (different batterys i think) than the longer 552. The 553 is a QD mounted version with a more squared off style. The recent 556+7 are lifted at the front ( i think thats to allow space for a delta ring underneath im not sure)

Compm4s look pretty good on a M4 (hence the name) i would go for a G&P or GAO manufacturer, they seem to be the better brands for your money

ACOG's im not so sure on, some of the 4x 32 ones have a very short eye releif which may not appeal, i could suggest a good one to be honest.. but im sure the G+P's cant be bad at all
      CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
      CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

above post says it all really.

Comment

Hey thanks for the help. I wasn't thinking of buying both a red dot and a holo it was one or the other.

Thanks for summing up the eotech's, what's the deal with the 512 one then? I would like to get both an acog and some sort of red dot OR holo though just for when I need them.

It's just a case of deciding which one I want, is it worth buying an actual aimpoint or a clone? Same with an eotech etc?

Thanks again

Comment

I do believe you can get ACOG 1x zoom from HK and even some with a red dot mounted on the top (piggybacked) I think thats what they call it, so that could be two in one?

Plus if you mount it on the carry handle you still get your irons, but I personally think mounted on the reciever looks best. I can provide links to my fav HK retailer witht them if you wish

Comment

dont buy a real one, youd probably cry if it got shot out in the 1st ten minutes of a game
              http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
              airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

oh and the difference between a 512 and 552 is that the 512 doesnt support night vision
                http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by DC23 View Post
                  Hey thanks for the help. I wasn't thinking of buying both a red dot and a holo it was one or the other.

Thanks for summing up the eotech's, what's the deal with the 512 one then? I would like to get both an acog and some sort of red dot OR holo though just for when I need them.

It's just a case of deciding which one I want, is it worth buying an actual aimpoint or a clone? Same with an eotech etc?

Thanks again
                  Never ever do this, the actual aimpoint is for real steel rifles, it would be absolutely stupid to buy it for a replica, here's a hint, buy a replica aimpoint for your replica rifle. simples.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                  You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                  Kid has issues

Comment

Yeah that sounds best actually, I mean going for the replica's!! What's the best replica for:

4xacog
                    Eotech holo
                    Aimpoint compm4

Thanks everyone, really useful,,

Comment

I've got me a G&P 4x32 ACOG with an attached Red Dot Sight and it's a good piece of equipment. The extra red dot sight on top is handy as you have more options available to you. The little post at the end of the scope doubles up as a sight too, with a little white spot on the back to help.

(Yes Im resting the sight on Indiana Jones DVD cases. :P)

I had to order it in from Hong Kong as for some reason in the UK shops want around £170 just for the ACOG. This one set me back around £140 which includes the delivery and customs charges. More equipment for less money!

Comment

Haha indiana jones is a great film so your excused for thAt :P

I think I'm gonna go with the G&P 4x32 acog with the attached iron sights found one for just shy of £100 so I'm heading that way. Is the only difference between the 4x32 and the 4x35 the size of the actual acog?

So how about the G&p red dot sights anyone had any experience with these? Or what sort of clone should I be looking at for the eotech's and aimpoints?

Thanks

Comment

As far as I know, the 4x is the magnification and the final figure is the actual lens diameter, so a 4x35 will slightly larger than a 4x32, but will have the same magnification.

Obviously someone correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

the eotechs are all the same basic site just different sizes for different bats

I cant really recomend anything with more then 2x mag for airsoft as its just able to out range the gun by far too much but Im sure there are x3 and x4 add on units for the eotechs and aim points.

I like the 66mm rambo open holo sight myself wish they did an eotech type closed one its huge some people take the piss out of it and tell me to stop watching tv but its a real nice sight to use.
                            sigpic
                            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

hmmmm i think im gonna just go for a G&P clone of either the red dot aimpoint or the holo eotech. Generally get on with G&P and they seem to get solid reviews most of the time, although there not cheap cheap replica's i would rather buy something that i can rely on. Whats hurrciane like as replica's, never had one myself?

Think i may leave the acog for the time being and perhaps buy a aimpoint x2 magnifier for woodland and see how i get on with that first of all.

Thanks for all the help

Oh also wanted to ask, preferences over the G&P compm4 aimpoint replica or the red dot with cap covers version?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DC23 Find out more about DC23
                              Working...
                              X