Genuine Doctor Sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Doctor Sight?

Just had my new Doctor sight arrive from Hong Kong (2 days shipping, left Hong Kong on the 7th, I am loving those guys right now!)

I wanted to know if it was at all genuine. Sounds like a stupid question, especially as it only cost me £25. But it comes with a nice cover, with the Doctor logo (as well as the little R symbol) and also has markings saying

American Defense
    Made In USA

The quality of it is outstanding, miles better than any optic Ive used before. and doesnt seem to have cut any corners in its manufacture?

Re: Genuine Doctor Sight?

Highly unlikely, unless they've found a few that fell-off the back of a lorry.

I've got an Aimpoint magnifier that I'm still not 100% sure isn't real, but at the price I paid for it I'm not holding out any hope!
    sigpic

Comment

No its not, i have a doctor sight bought from a uk supplier with the same markings.

Its not hard to keep the quality high as its so basic, its the life span that will be different. Ive also handled the real ones and the are different to the touch etc.
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Aha. This is my first doctor sight but its head and shoulders above the rest in terms of clarity. Just had me stumped, as usually there are no markings, or they are wrong, or a button doesnt quite work, or it doesnt screw on quite straight!

Comment

ive been the same with a few of my goodies from far away lands recently, the quality is increasing and its getting harder to tell the difference
          sigpic

Comment

My China acog has trijicon markings on and the correct NSN number for that model. so doubt its real if its sold as a copy.

Comment

Yeah probably true. It also threw me off that what I got didn't look like the picture! The one in the pic had a yellow tinted lens, and no markings

Comment

just while I have some pictures, a quick look at the quality for anyone else who fancies a Doctor sight but hasnt had one before…

Comment

yeah it's a clone, i have the same one. brilliant quality on the outside but it only worked for a bit until the wires inside came loose and stopped working

Comment

i thought you meant ACOG doctor site,
                    this is the real version here....

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I believe its still the same sight, but with a RIS base on it. The whole thing does split in two, but as I dont have an Acog, I dont plan to fiddle with it!

Comment

i have one exactly the same on my glock, theyre really solidly built :D
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

The way to tell iits a clone is the placement of the owl in the logo. The one you have is a clone as the owl sits beside the word doctor. On the real it sits above the words, or on its own. Here they are below.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X