Army sopmod clone. Feelings later on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army sopmod clone. Feelings later on?

I was thinkin of getting one of these again. Purely for laughs and to have a go with a recoil gun for a bit. Not comfortable with shelling out for a sopmod unless I know I love recoil guns!

We had a big thread before and just after it's release, couldn't find it bow though. I think it was closed. Those that did get one, what did you think? At around £200 in total, it seems like a very good bet, even if it is only as good as any other clone aeg...

Discuss!

Re: Army sopmod clone. Feelings later on?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    I was thinkin of getting one of these again. Purely for laughs and to have a go with a recoil gun for a bit. Not comfortable with shelling out for a sopmod unless I know I love recoil guns!

We had a big thread before and just after it's release, couldn't find it bow though. I think it was closed. Those that did get one, what did you think? At around £200 in total, it seems like a very good bet, even if it is only as good as any other clone aeg...

Discuss!
    Don't have experience with the army, but I do have a TM CQBR (A shorter sopmod basically).

The recoil isn't really recoil as such, but it gives the sound a nice "thwak thwak thwak" (aka satisfying shooty sound) instead of a "vrrr vrrr vrrr" (aka annoying angry sewing machine sound) when firing.

You also need to actually shoulder it properly to get it to shoot straight, as the gun does shake around a bit. I'd recommend trying to find someone with one at a local site to give one a go, as it's a bit stupid to pay £200, and then want a proper one and having to spend another £400.

Prior warning though, once you get a good recoil gun, you won't want to ever use a non-recoil gun. They are such fun!

(p.s. tighten your sight mount bolt properly, or it may shake and come loose)

EDIT: Just done a little googling, this might be of interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvka9TtsB0
    Last edited by Ajhayter; 11 July, 2011, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post
      Don't have experience with the army, but I do have a TM CQBR (A shorter sopmod basically).

The recoil isn't really recoil as such, but it gives the sound a nice "thwak thwak thwak" (aka satisfying shooty sound) instead of a "vrrr vrrr vrrr" (aka annoying angry sewing machine sound) when firing.

You also need to actually shoulder it properly to get it to shoot straight, as the gun does shake around a bit. I'd recommend trying to find someone with one at a local site to give one a go, as it's a bit stupid to pay £200, and then want a proper one and having to spend another £400.

Prior warning though, once you get a good recoil gun, you won't want to ever use a non-recoil gun. They are such fun!

(p.s. tighten your sight mount bolt properly, or it may shake and come loose)
      Thanks. But I am specifically asking about the clone sopmod. I know the TM is the muts, and I'm waiting until I'm rolling in money before getting myself one very nice gun.

I Spose the question I really want answere most, is how reliable is the gearbox and recoil mech?

Comment

Thanks man. Most of those sites are blocked at my work too. So I'll take a look later.

I'm aware of differences between the two, I had a beady eye on the first thread we had on here. What we didn't have much on in that thread was how good it was in it's own right as a gun, and how reliable it was. Especially compared to other army guns.

Comment

Might want to edit out that arnies link whilst you still have time...
          TAE

Comment

Yeah ask richard he knows his stuff about the TM's and the Army clones he is actually selling a clone atm
            sigpic

Airsoft Clan logo's designed for you for £5.00

Comment

Originally posted by tubzza View Post
              Might want to edit out that arnies link whilst you still have time...
              I thought Arnies was fine to link to...

Comment

Thanks. His is a little pricey IMO. Especially as just a play around kinda gun. Will see if he wants a swap haha

Comment

I have got one to repair, it needs a trigger switch, been trying to get one for almost a year! Same as the sopmod parts can be trickey to get hold of.
                  WANTED
                  Mid cap mp5 mags
                  s-arms m4 mags
                  motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Ive decided to take the plunge and buy richards. He gave me a honest opinion on the gun and apart from the stock hop rubber being a bit poor its appears to be a good gun. Hes putting a guarder clear in it for me so that should sort that

Once its arrived ill be doing a review but it should be good for the money

Comment

Fantastic. Please update me! They seem to be out of stock everywhere so at least that'll stop me rushing to buy it!

Comment

I'd be interested in one of these if they had the same recoil as an upgraded GBB, till then just another AEG in my eyes.

Anyone found a way to make the recoil on these stronger?
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Working...
                        X