Please help, its a minefield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, its a minefield?

Hi people this is my first post so please bear with me. I am just getting into air soft (first skirmish on the 24th at swwg) and I am already hooked, I have spent quite a few quid on clothing already!

I know the rules on buying rifs etc (I am over 18) so please don’t get into that on this post as it’s not that advice I am after.
    I am fully aware of the rules and I would never jeopardise a hobby you all clearly love and hopefully I will join the air soft loving ranks as well.

Anyway I am trawling through many many different website trying to find a weapon I would eventually (BY THE RULES) like to buy when I have my U.K.A.R.A membership I and I have narrowed it down to 2 which are:

G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Raider-L (Zero One)
    And
    ICS M4 R.I.S. Plastic Version Air soft gun aeg (Another hopefully reputable company)

The advice I need is:

Has anyone got either?
    Are there any known problems?
    What do any owners they think of the guns?
    I am really worried about FPS as I don’t want to turn up and get told to go away as the are ’hot’ (I think that’s the correct term!) So what is the FPS for these weapons as the website don’t say?
    If they are ‘hot’ can I downgrade them?
    If they aren’t very good are there any other suggestions? (M4 sort of gun new for under £200)
    One big issue for me is that my friend who goes has an JG m4 S System and an AA L85a1, as we will be going together we would like to be able to swap mags if we get too trigger happy so will the magazines be compatible? (I have asked for his advice but he is quite new as well with ‘2 tones’ so his knowledge is quite limited too.)

I am really sorry about as the questions, I am not being lazy as I have been looking quite hard on various forums but I can’t quite grasp all the acronyms, terms people use and the similarities between the brands. It’s a minefield! But I am sure I will understand it all in the end!!!!

Once again I UNDERSTAND U.K.A.R.A, MY OBLIGATIONS AND THE TIME FRAMES INVOLVED. I am purely after advice to narrow down my options for when I purchase my pride and joy and join the ranks proper as an Air softer.
    The reason I am making a deal of this is to show you that although I am a noob I am not an idiot and I have no intention of spoiling yours and hopefully my great hobby!

One last thing, thanks for reading this long post and thank you in advance for any advice.

Get the G&G. They make pretty good guns, and they are also compatible with other parts like handguards etc, unlike the ics versions

Comment

Re: Please help, its a minefield?

Has anyone got either? i have the cm16 raider short version

Are there any known problems? one small problemi have which u would get on most m4's mags wobble abit making them misfeed

What do any owners they think of the guns? i love it its very sturdy and has good arccuracy to 30m

I am really worried about FPS as I don’t want to turn up and get told to go away as the are ’hot’ (I think that’s the correct term!) So what is the FPS for these weapons as the website don’t say? well mine is 309 i think but i have heard a few ppl say they came " hot"

If they are ‘hot’ can I downgrade them? not so sure about that one but maby m90 bushings and springs should make the gun about 320-330

If they aren’t very good are there any other suggestions? (M4 sort of gun new for under £200)u might wonna get the proline (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanc...keywords=gr15+) as its heavier ( full metal i think ) and bits wont break as easliy ( beacause its made of metal

One big issue for me is that my friend who goes has an JG m4 S System and an AA L85a1, as we will be going together we would like to be able to swap mags if we get too trigger happy so will the magazines be compatible? (I have asked for his advice but he is quite new as well with ‘2 tones’ so his knowledge is quite limited too.) yh they will be compatible

Comment

my jg m4ss came out of the box at 420fps so you might want to either read up on how to change a spring or get a system in order to ensure that the weapon you buy gets chronoed and downgraded before you go to a skirmish, you wont get turned away from a shoot having a hot gun (usually), you just wont be able to use it and have to hire instead
        most m4 mags are compatable with each other
        http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
        airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

My G&G M16A2 (Plastic) came sub-350 fps out of the box. I'll get a precise number tonight, but I know it's OK for my local which has a 350 fps limit for AEGs. Not exactly the same model as you quote, but probably close internally.

Comment

One thing to note on the G&G is that if the mag well is to the same dimensions as their SCAR L then king arms M4 mags will fit with no wobble and will feed perfectly. Just some further info for you.

Id personally go G&G too.
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

My G&G is fine with Isoft Flash, Lonex Flash, Dboys "30-round style" and Dboys "20-round style" hicaps as well as the original G&G it came with.
              The only feed problems I've had is because I keep forgetting to wind the non-flash mags!

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
                my jg m4ss came out of the box at 420fps so you might want to either read up on how to change a spring or get a system in order to ensure that the weapon you buy gets chronoed and downgraded before you go to a skirmish, you wont get turned away from a shoot having a hot gun (usually), you just wont be able to use it and have to hire instead
                most m4 mags are compatible with each other

if he buys it new and starts to ticker with the springs is that not going to invalidate his warranty, also i do know ruexup personally and he wont have a clue about all the tech stuff. but with zero one and other sites downgrade to our sites rule for aegs to run at max 340 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  My G&G M16A2 (Plastic) came sub-350 fps out of the box. I'll get a precise number tonight, but I know it's OK for my local which has a 350 fps limit for AEGs. Not exactly the same model as you quote, but probably close internally.
                  Checked it last night - roughly 310fps. That's after about 4000 rounds have been through it.

Comment

Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
                    if he buys it new and starts to ticker with the springs is that not going to invalidate his warranty, also i do know ruexup personally and he wont have a clue about all the tech stuff. but with zero one and other sites downgrade to our sites rule for aegs to run at max 340 fps.
                    yes that will invalidate his warranty (for what its worth), thanks for the additional information about his tech level, so he then needs to get a system in order to ensure that the weapon you buy gets chronoed and downgraded before you go to a skirmish

i dont know what you mean by your last sentence, are you saying zero one will do the downgrade for him?
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                    airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

i dont know what you mean by your last sentence, are you saying zero one will do the downgrade for him?[/QUOTE]

yh i men't will z1 crono and make it isn't going to be hot, as there isn't to much info on any site as to what downgrades will do for you.

Comment

I bought a g&g from zeroone last month, paid extra to have the m90 spring and bushes (was about £30). Gun chrono's bang on 328 fps which is perfect.

Theres a review on the g&g and mine here

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114667

Originally posted by Metalbody
                        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                          I bought a g&g from zeroone last month, paid extra to have the m90 spring and bushes (was about £30). Gun chrono's bang on 328 fps which is perfect.

Theres a review on the g&g and mine here

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114667
                          thank you bud i shall let the op know asap

Comment

I would say ics
                            Me and two of my friends got the g&g clear version and we were not impressed
                            My bottom receiver snapped only external but still my other freind had his gearbox casing crack and my other friends one ate it's self
                            All the ics guns I've seen and my local only sell ics have been really good especially as the only difference between the sportline and the proline is the metal body.
                            The only down side with ics that I know off is compatibility
                            Just my 2p
                            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

muppet that was also something i was discussing with the op as we shall be sharing mags. with army l85 and jg m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ruexup Well! Na wouldn't want to bore you! Find out more about ruexup
                              Working...
                              X