Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M203 help and advice

Hello again everyone,

Once again I'm in need of some help and advice from you all.

In the next week or so I'll be splashing some pounds around and buying me some bits and pieces, at the moment a SPAS12 and an M92F. I've got all that sorted, but the next thing has me stumped.

I'm looking at getting a G&P M203 (the rest of the gun is all G&P), partly to "complete" the look of the M4 I have, and partly because I'm rather rubbish and need all the help I can get! I was wondering if you could help me decide on whether to go for a long or short version, and also what grenades to go with it.

Below is a rough approximation of the M4 setup I have at the moment, and the two barrel lengths.

I'm assuming that barrel length has no bearing on accuracy, since it's all handled by the actual shell inside, right? So is it literally just a matter of aesthetics and weight/manoeuvrability?

Also, with the grenades, I read that Madbull are highly rated, and Im guessing the fewer the rounds the more power per BB meaning greater range. Would this be right? I don't want something with a ridiculous capacity, as I can imagine that being on the receiving end of hundreds of BBs in isn't going to be particularly pleasant, and I wouldn't want to run the risk of "overkill" at my local site.

Would these grenades work? I did buy a G&P grenade to have a look at, but I don't like the idea of having to unscrew and store the grenade's cap, so this one is going to be stuck into a collection of inert munitions I have.

Thanks as always!

Re: M203 help and advice

I'd go with the short as an m203 adds a lot of weight to the front end of the M4 and the long version would just be more weight, making it a bit cumbersome. I have one on my M4 and i use POM 48 round grenades, anything more than that i would say is overkill as you already mentioned.
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I do like the look of the long barrel version, but as you said it is going to be heavier than a shorter one with no gain. I take it any 40mm grenade will work with any 40mm launcher?

Comment

i dont see why not
        Originally posted by Hawk
        The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Not really, some grenades won't work in the madbull mx203.
          Why not try the barrel mounted long version m203?
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
          Working...
          X