Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Upgrading a ICS M4A1 R.I.S Plastic Body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading a ICS M4A1 R.I.S Plastic Body.

Hey guys, i'd like to upgrade my gun (as said on the title), could someone tell what parts to start with first and tips on what to do.
    This thing does have the PEQ Battery box on it, so i'd need to work around or get rid of that!

If you could do a list rather than different messages then that'll be easier.

Re: Upgrading a ICS M4A1 R.I.S Plastic Body.

This belongs in the technical AEG thread mate.

As for upgrades, as its a sportline model your gonna want a stronger gearbox. Id drop a stock G&P gearbox in there. Stick a G&P m120 motor or an SHS ultra torque in there, plus a TM hop unit. Reckon that will do it tons of good.

Comment

If you want to get rid of the PEQ then your first port of call could be a Lipo setup.
      7.4v cranestock Lipo
      Turnigy/Imax Lipo charger

Originally posted by Kang View Post
      This belongs in the technical AEG thread mate.

As for upgrades, as its a sportline model your gonna want a stronger gearbox. Id drop a stock G&P gearbox in there. Stick a G&P m120 motor or an SHS ultra torque in there, plus a TM hop unit. Reckon that will do it tons of good.
      1) The gearbox is the same as the proline.
      2) Its a split box (unless its older than me) so a G&P box isnt going to work, nor will any other to my knowledge.
      3) The TM hop unit wont fit either.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        1) The gearbox is the same as the proline.
        2) Its a split box (unless its older than me) so a G&P box isnt going to work, nor will any other to my knowledge.
        3) The TM hop unit wont fit either.
        oh balls. Didnt read the thread properly, thought he said CA sportline.

Sigh....its been a long day.

I didnt know the ICS sportlines had the same gearbox though! Good to know.

Comment

It is a split gearbox, and a very good gun dont get me wrong.
          But I would like to upgrade it for that wow factor.
          Any more tips or advice on upgrading it?

Comment

If you want the wow factor, get a high speed motor, but make sure to get some good gears and piston to make sure your gearbox can cope with the speed.

Comment

Right first off, Why do you want to upgrade this Gun? I know it's yours and you are free to do anything you want to it but have you asked yourself why?

What do you want it to do that it is not doing already? The ICS Sport-lines are not the most sought after of guns but they are perfectly competent at what they do. So think about what you need and what you want, or are you just upgrading because that's what you think you should do?

Don't get me wrong I upgrade pretty much every gun I have ever owned but in real terms very few are any better at throwing BB's at other people than when they were stock.

The range on these Sport-Lines is pretty good so apart from a TM hop bucking there is little more you can do.

ICS Hop units do not like tight barrels especially MadBul V2 and the TK Twist.

The gears are fantastic, the wiring isn't bad and the gearbox's themselves are pretty indestructible. If the split gearbox has a weakness then it's the piston's and piston heads. Have a look at yours and if it is white then change it out, if it's black then stick with it (unless it shows sign of wear)

The Air-seal can sometimes be very poor even in the new guns so a quick swap with a lightweight piston head and your done.

What power level is it at? because anything over 300 then leave it be as upping it by 10 or 20 fps wont change a thing.

The motors are also pretty damn good regardless of whether it's the 3000 or the infinity. You cant just swap in another motor without changing to the ICS pinion gear as they are a different pitch to all others different.

ICS do a Polymer replacement body for the M4's and it is virtually indestructible and much tougher than the original plastic body and probably more durable than the metal body. So if you must spend money get one of those.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket then get a nice scope or invest in some good quality Lipo battery's and a good charger. And don't think that spending money upgrading your gun will make it worth more as I am afraid it wont.

Play safe...

Comment

Its not the tightbore that ICS dont like its a silicone hop rubber that are a royal pain in the chuff to install.
                Any non silicone rubber (TM) alongside a tightbore will do it wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  Its not the tightbore that ICS dont like its a silicone hop rubber that are a royal pain in the chuff to install.
                  Any non silicone rubber (TM) alongside a tightbore will do it wonders.
                  Unfortunately the three ICS guns I have recently had in would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Had no problems installing a Madbull python and TM rubber in mine, didnt even have to lube it

It was only when i stupidly tried a Madbull silicone rubber that i had no end of problems.
                    Had to lube the living daylights out of it to get it in, when it did eventualy go in it was so tight that when the hop was adjusted on and then off again the actual rubber stayed in the on position and as such the BBs went skyward after 6ft.
                    When i decided to remove it, it tore on the way out.
                    Cleaned the lube off replaced the TM rubber and thats how its been ever since.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cursed Spooky Average person, nothing interesting Find out more about Cursed Spooky
                    Working...
                    X