TM VSR? Experienced advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR? Experienced advise please

So basically, Ive been running about with aeg's for ages now, and I thought it might be nice to have a change of scene. Can anybody give me advise on the TM VSR, is it worth the money, can I use it without upgrades, expected range/accuracy/fps? etc etc...

Any help will be extreemly appreciated.

Oh and one last thing, what would it set me back to upgrade this to around the 500 fps mark?
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Re: TM VSR? Experienced advise please

Your better off buying an upgraded VSR second hand if you plan to upgrade it. They come up often, and it will save you TONS of cash.

Comment

Thanks Kang, but what sort of price can I expect for a 2nd hand one?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TobyRoberts View Post
        Thanks Kang, but what sort of price can I expect for a 2nd hand one?
        Saw one sell recently for 230, but around the 300 mark is a more accurate price. You'll pay about 600 if you upgrade it all from new.

Comment

I would deffo look for a second hand one. Unless it is knackered or someone is desperate, I would expect you to pay between £300 - £330 for a fully upgraded one.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Not just because I have a fully upgraded VSR but I would say they would be more like £400 to £500 for a fully upgraded, including internals, externals maybe, scopes etc.
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I'm thinking of doing it from new, as I can do it a bit at a time, and I have a phobia of anything pre-owned!
              sigpic

Comment

It's not necessary to spend £600.

Buy a JG Bar10, Asg covert ops it TM vsr.

Then all you need is a new spring, spring guide, piston and steel sears.

Then, to get better range with heavier bbs, simple wrap the hop with ptfe tape or use the biro pen mod.

Anything else is a luxury.

Comment

It depends though, while yes, the above comment does show a cheap (ish) way of upgrading it isn't the best. If you have the time, and importantly money I would go for the full sha-bang. New trigger box, hop up barrel, maybe even a fluted outer barrel, they are sweet.
                  "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

With the TM you deffo do NOT need a full zero trigger. The oem ones will do all the adjustments you need for pull and weight. Sears are all that is required in there. Unless you really want to change the trigger unit of course.

I have bought and sold fully maxed out VSR's on this forum and neither buying or selling has been over £330.00

If you have a fluted barrel and say pdi reciever that may be different. Even then I'm fairly sure you will be better splitting them and putting it back to normal to sell, with upgraded internals. With the barrel and reciever seperate. As a standard looking fully upgraded vsr you will not need to pay over £330.00 second hand.
                    Last edited by North West Outpost; 13 July, 2011, 13:39. Reason: wish I could spell.
                    Gun tech.

Comment

Just also had a look at the TM L96, and the Echo 1 M28. The echo 1 sniper comes stock at 500 fps, which saves a lot of money and effort. Any experience/views for either of these?
                      sigpic

Comment

Just also had a look at the TM L96, and the Echo 1 M28. The echo 1 sniper comes stock at 500 fps, which saves a lot of money and effort. Any experience/views for either of these?
                        Well, the Echo 1 may have a higher FPS, but it will be nowhere near as accurate or reliable as the TM, which a Sniper Rifle should.

I would agree with everyone else, either buy a second hand TM VSR (the best option) or buy a new JG BAR 10 and upgrade it.
                        A real man doesn't own a gun... A real man owns 5 or more

Comment

heres some good guns zero one do first hand some pre upgraded http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanc...rui+ssr+VSR-10

Comment

Chinese made sniper rifles can often be very iffy. some times you get a good one - sometimes you get a lemon.

The TM sniper rifles are generally speaking always recommended to new single shot users because they are the best out of the box rifles.

They are well built and very reliable.

Don't bother upgrading too quickly. The hop unit is very good so you can expect quite good range without upgrades.

upgrades in order of my personal preference:

Tightbore
                            sears (if going for high fps)
                            spring (and suitable hop rubber)

There is a thread in the Tech section you've probably seen already which covers upgrades very well.

Cheers
                            Originally posted by Coz
                            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

If you are looking for a cheap starter. Have you considered a Warrior L96?

My first sniper was one of those with a tb and a spring. Everything else standard.

It won't be as good as either an L96 or VSR fully loaded but fun none the less. I seem to remember it being 470 fps...Still getting hits to arround 80m every now and again...lol.
                              Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TobyRoberts My name is spelt T-O-B-Y.... That's all your getting.. Find out more about TobyRoberts
                              Working...
                              X