Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR H maintance

Hi guys

I bought a SCAR H from a mate a while back and used it at 2 skirmishes. Ive prob put a bout 4,500 BB's through it. Think its time i started to actually take care of it now. I havent had any issue with it at all

Whats the correct way to lube the gun up? I didnt get a cleaning rod with it. Also are the mags hard to lube and take apart to grease up?
    I also disconnect the battery when not in use, not sure if thats the right thing to do but i dont fancy leaving a battery connected while its stored between events (every month)
    I tend to leave bb's in the mags but not wound up (i always release the tension with the clip thing on top the mag) Is that ok?

Ive also had to do a basic rewire to the stock part of the gun as one of the wires snapped off near the connector so i replaced it and insulated it. no issue doing it, took about 20 mins to do. Dont blame the guy who had it just think it was wear and tear as the getting the battery in can be a bit hard.

thanks

P.S: its a VFC SCAR
    Last edited by Dwarfy; 13 July, 2011, 03:08.

Re: SCAR H maintance

All I do with my AEG's is give the barrel a clean after every 2 skirmishes, my bolt actions get a clean before and after every skirmish just because, but my AEG's (bar my M14, treated like a bolty, performs like one) just get a barrel clean.
    You might want to think about re-greasing your gearbox every 6 months or so, it's up to you when you do it but if I haven't done anything to my gun in 6 months that's when I give it a clean and re-grease.
    Of course if I've added a part in I'll usually give it a bit of a clean there and then, but as I said that's my choice for cleaning and not really a requirement and most people certainly won't do it.

GBB's are a whole different ball game though, moving parts need to be kept clean and lubed up regularly to lengthen the lifespan.

Hope that helps a bit

Comment

I'd just like to echo what Cerbo Knight said, he pretty much summed it up right there.
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
        Whats the correct way to lube the gun up?
        Buy a can of silicon spray and after clearing the weapon and removing the battery turn the gun upside down and give a quick squirt into the mag well aiming at the feed tube. Then leave the gun to sit for half an hour then pack it away. I do this with any gun that I know I wont be using for a month or so.[/QUOTE]

I didnt get a cleaning rod with it.
        Drop me a PM and £1.50 to cover postage and I will send you one. I clean the barrels on all my guns after every skirmish.

Also are the mags hard to lube and take apart to grease up?
        Don't take them apart unless they are faulty. On the bottom of the VFC mags there is a small recess like a torpedo tube, this is where you drop a few drops of silicon oil from time to time to keep them in good fettle. All magazines benefit from a drop of oil in the feed tube once in a while especially mid-caps.

I also disconnect the battery when not in use, not sure if thats the right thing to do but i dont fancy leaving a battery connected while its stored between events (every month)
        Well done I wish more people would do that. :D

I tend to leave bb's in the mags but not wound up (i always release the tension with the clip thing on top the mag) Is that ok?
        Yep that's the way to do it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dwarfy Find out more about Dwarfy
        Working...
        X