Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics / Scope for GR4 G26

Any advice on a good scope for the G26?

Not looking for anything very expensive....

Whats the difference between a ACOG, red dot and reflex sight?

Is the NCS 4x22 Pro-Scope or Tokyo Marui Pro Dot Sight any good?

Re: Optics / Scope for GR4 G26

Apart from the glock pistol (and I doubt you'd be wanting to fit an ACOG to that) I'm not entirely sure what a G26 is, but at a guess I'd say it's some sort of an M4.

As far as choices for aiming devices go, you've got 2 main options: magnifying or non-magnifying.

There's quite a few ACOGs and other scopes out there which will give you anywhere between 2x and 9x zoom, 4x being the typical for an ACOG style optic. For people like me with dodgy long range eyesight these are great and they can certainly be useful for anyone when it comes to identifying friend from foe at ranges. However, they tend to cost more, aren't any use in close quarters fighting and you can end up with a sort of 'tunnel vision' and lose track of what's going on around you in a game.

Your other options for non-magnifying red-dot optics such as the various models of Aimpoint and EoTech also have their advantages and dis-advantages. They're usually cheaper, are ideal for CQB games but also work fine at longer ranges, and enable you to keep a nice wide view of the field. On the other hand of course you lose that zoom capability which is handy for all sorts of things, particularly if you're using a weapon with some range to it.

At the more fancy end of the scale you can get ACOGs/Spectres with integral red-dot backup sights which give you the best of both worlds, or you can use a red-dot and a plain view magnifier (no crosshair) that features a flip-to-side mount, meaning you can switch between ranged shooting and close up work in an instant while always have an aiming device suited to the task at hand. Though such setups tend to be a fair bit more expensive.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

A quick google showed me this...

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6263

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well, thanks for confirming my guess there.
        Last edited by CKinnerley; 15 July, 2011, 15:28.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I have the G26 and am considering an Eotech, more for the look than functionality, as in my humble opinion optics on an airsoft rifle is like fitting wheels to a dog.

Comment

a good idea after a few pints (of vodka)

Comment

got myself a red/green dual dot sight from Kings Arms. It feels sturdy, all metal and hopefully will serve as a good first sight... And yes G26 is a M4 platform from G&G, its just released so not very well known.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ggujral Find out more about ggujral
              Working...
              X