Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

A&K or MAGPUL PTS MASADA?? Which is better for the money??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K or MAGPUL PTS MASADA?? Which is better for the money??

Which one is worth getting because i know the quality of the magpul pts will be better but the A&K is cheaper....so opinions please

Re: A&K or MAGPUL PTS MASADA?? Which is better for the money??

Magpul one.

I have one, cannot be faulted!!!
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

For the money, you don't get a lot more with the PTS one. I've also seen a lot more of those things die internally than the A&K.

For accuracy to the real steal, get the PTS. If that's not so much a problem for you then get the A&K and save £200.

Comment

What's the external quality like on the a&k? Cos for less than 200 you could have a very nice gearbox set up?

Comment

Id go with the A&K, for the saving you make you can more than make up any difference in performance!

Can you even get the A&K's anymore though? I havent seen them around for ages, didnt magpul sue them out of existance?

Comment

i have an A&K one and i love it. The only things i would recomend is to upgrade the motor coz the stck one is pants and maybe upgrade the hop unit to a cnc one (pm me if you want a link they are hard to find ) after doing this mine beats my team-mates pts masada

Comment

I say, get the A&K, total gearbox overhaul, Madbull unit, rubber and barrel, and motor and MOSFET. All of that is probably still £100 cheaper than the magpul model

Comment

Are they compatible?

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't even bother upgrading the gearbox. They are fine as they are, decent rate of fire and very consistent FPS. After you do the hop screw mod the range is also pretty decent.

Externals are the same materials as the PTS, it's just based on the original prototype model rather than the commercial ACR.

I actually read somewhere that A&K where producing it for Magpul, but then stopped production to make way for the official one. Don't quote me on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by supercrimp View Post
                    Are they compatible?
                    in terms of furniture such as stocks etc. then no, my friend had one and couldn't put a magpul stock on it due to the dimensions being a bit out.

Comment

You may save money on buying the cheaper version but... I can Gaurantee customer service will be rubbish from A&K

Service from magpul is second to none. I always get a reply within the hour

A marshall at my local site said "why buy magpul when u can get the cheaper equivalent?, so I handed him my rifle and he was stunned. He said he's never seen a rifle perform so well stck

You also need to think about extras spare parts etc.
                      The Masada is stocked by most good UK retailers so parts is no problem
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UMParadise View Post
                        You may save money on buying the cheaper version but... I can Gaurantee customer service will be rubbish from A&K

Service from magpul is second to none. I always get a reply within the hour
                        That may be so, but I've never had to use customer service. Way over a year old and it still performs how it came out of the box... Like I said earlier the PTS ones seem to have more issues with them like the motors go pretty quickly.

Comment

Ive had my PTS Masada since October and it has only had one fault an that was user error

In the end, it's up to the OP in the end
                          I've only ever had the PtS maybe its the same for you but vise versa
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and how many people use customer service as much as they should?

Build quality of the A&K is superb. Put this way - I fell on top of mine from about 8ft and it was in a better condition than I was (winded, but the rifle was fine!)

Gearbox overhaul would be the one.

Madbull Hop unit? What are you on about?

Got some CNC'd High Speed (14:1) gears in mine running on a polycarbonate piston with a JG Blue motor, very tasty trigger response and ROF on the likes of a 7.4v.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by UMParadise View Post
                              In the end, it's up to the OP in the end
                              That's exactly it. It all comes down to how much you want an accurate representation or similar look alike.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

supercrimp Airsoft, male Find out more about supercrimp
                              Working...
                              X