need advice on importing a RIF from hong kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on importing a RIF from hong kong

hey guys as title says i need some advice what i should do.

Im going to hong kong in 4 days and planning to get a aeg but i need some advice how to send back as i have no clue and what i should do and what i need to do and what info i need.

Im actually going to hong kong for holiday and going to mong kok area to see the airsoft items and planning buying 1 from there. I need advice what do i need to do to import it into the uk and any info and items i need.

Thanks guys.

Re: need advice on importing a RIF from hong kong

You need to be able to prove you can rely on the skirmishing defence.

Other than that, it's no different to buying one from the UK until it hits customs. At that point, you'll need to be ready to show your defence proof to them and pay duty/vat. If I was you, I'd bring it back with me as this would save on post and handling fees at this end, plus IIRC the import value limit is quite a bit higher on personal imports over posted items.
    sigpic

Comment

one problem again how can i notify the chinese airport security etc about this as i would have armed police have aim at me when im in the airport and how about the UK stage and how can i bring it back out of interest robin? (luggage ? warning them whats in there and showing them my ukara number email info)?
      Last edited by kinglemon; 15 July, 2011, 20:10.

Comment

I'd imagine (well, in fact I have imagined regularly when ever I think about winning the lottery and taking a trip to HK) that the local customs and security guys will be fully up to speed with airsoft guns.

My plan, if I ever get there, is to ask the retailer to quickly write a note I can pass to the people at the check-in, just to make sure there's no misunderstanding.

Hold luggage would be the only viable option. They obviously can't go in hand luggage.
        sigpic

Comment

ahh ok so i get the retailer to write a note its a airsoft gun, put it in my main luggage. when im at the check-in give them the note to notify them.

basically - what it is
          - where it is
          - saying i got a licence for it to get into the uk

Comment

Personally... taking a replica weapon though an airport in a country of a language I don't speak would be right down the bottom of the list of my things ever to do!

I'd spec out a good deal, then post it to yourself.

Comment

ye that was my plan but i was unsure so had to ask for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                Personally... taking a replica weapon though an airport in a country of a language I don't speak would be right down the bottom of the list of my things ever to do!

I'd spec out a good deal, then post it to yourself.
                Anywhere other than HK I'd totally agree, but as it's effectively the airsoft retailers capital I think there'll be enough undertanding there. Plus, the nglish language skills there should be very good.

Laughing man, where are you when we need you?
                sigpic

Comment

jsut going to say im chinese so i can speck/understand Cantonese and english

Comment

1 find airsoft shop
                    2 buy airsoft gun
                    3 find stationary shop
                    4 buy parcel and tape
                    5 find post office
                    6 go to international postage counter
                    7 buy postal service
                    8 post parcel
                    9 go home
                    10 await customs letter
                    11 show ukara/pay duty
                    12 receive weapon
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
                    airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Taking RIFs on a plane is actually pretty damn easy, a friend of mine did it when he moved from the UK to South Africa and it was no trouble at all. If you want more info on what was needed let me know.
                      WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Atleast they speak English there

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          Atleast they speak English there

even better i can understand if they speck in Cantonese ha

Comment

Just to let you know I was in HK last year and I have friends working at Cathay pacific and I asked for this question.The answer is NO.You can not bring any airsoft gun onto the flight,they just won't accept it what so ever.Use to be ok about 10-15 years ago but now things changed.If you go to the shop in Mong kok they will say they can post it for you just pay them the postage and give them your UKARA.If you have any further questions just send me a PM!(And to say I am from HONG KONG!)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kakitli View Post
                              Just to let you know I was in HK last year and I have friends working at Cathay pacific and I asked for this question.The answer is NO.You can not bring any airsoft gun onto the flight,they just won't accept it what so ever.Use to be ok about 10-15 years ago but now things changed.If you go to the shop in Mong kok they will say they can post it for you just pay them the postage and give them your UKARA.If you have any further questions just send me a PM!(And to say I am from HONG KONG!)
                              That's like any airline, it's down to individual policy.

Most UK airlines will let you fly with them, but some won't.

OP, ask ther question and see what they say.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kinglemon Find out more about kinglemon
                              Working...
                              X