Best mesh facemask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mesh facemask?

Hi, having not got a quite perfect seal with my ess v12s and blackbear raider, ive decided a new half mask may be needed. Im debating the black bear shadow, black bear splinter or a custom hero half mask. Suggestions?

Re: Best mesh facemask?

HEROSHARK!!!! without a doubt
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I agree with the above, I have a set and they are great
      rockinrobin

This is ICS telling you that magpul should be burned and not fitted!

Comment

Can anyone here compare the three masks? Im quite interested in the blackbear splinter(brass guard new stalker) but havent seen any reviews of it.

Comment

I've got both a Blackbear Raider and a something which is pretty much identical to the Blackbear Shadow. You should be able to get a good seal with both of them with ESS V12s (which I also have) although it'll depend on your shape.

Personally, I put the mask on first, then the goggles and then pull the nose piece of the mask so that it sits over the top of the bridge of the nose bit on the goggles.

Here's a picture of both. It doesn't look like a full seal, but thats because the straps are hinged on the goggles and tend to flare out when worn like this. There's a full seal around the eye socket though.

Raider ----------------------------------------------------------- Shadow

The neck bit on the Raider I modded slightly to allow a helmet chin strap through.

After trying them both, I prefer the shadow. What you lose in ear protection and neck protection, you make for in being able to look down and get onto the sights of your weapon much easier. I would recommend being clean shaven with it though. I found mine got a little irritating. :P

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks. I have been spending about 2 hours trying to cut the raider mesh to better fit the goggles, and have just messed it up, so im def getting a new one. Probably the heroshark though as i need something custom made- the v12s are very hard to get right.

Comment

yes, tell him what glasses your getting, and he will make them to fit those glasses!!
              FOR SALE

Comment

BTW, how comfortable is the mask on your cheeks/ bridge of nose? i dont wanna have to wear a balaclava underneath.

Comment

hero shark's are very comfy, also just the strapping makes it a really good fit.

all mesh masks will need a bit of bending to how ever your face is... you just have to make them so there not stuck on via your nose, but your cheeks...

sometimes if you have the strapping is to tight, it can help... cheaper masks have only 1 strap, meaning you have to do them tighter...

hero sharks have 2, and one of them splits into 2.. making it very comfy
                  FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X