Sending a RIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sending a RIF

Everything I get from a Scottish retailer has "Do Not Fly" written on it. I think that's because all parcels that are going by air get x-rayed - And even UK-UK parcels normally go part-way by air if it's easier (i.e. Scotland to southern England).

WRT venting the mags: Is it REALLY going to do them harm leaving them empty for a couple of days? I'd be inclined to even part-undo a valve, as long as the recipient has the knowledge/tools to do it up again.

Comment

So should I write 'Do not Fly' no it? I need a strait answer over venting the mags.

Comment

And last year i sent a m99 snowwolf first class recorded at my local post office and it came to 16 quid so your looking at around a fiver bud
        I sent a Maruzen CA870 in a tiny box and it cost £12.75 :c

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
          I sent a Maruzen CA870 in a tiny box and it cost £12.75 :c
          That's royal mail for you

Just put on the outside of the box "contains firearms parts do not air freight"
          If you don't and it gets sent by air and you have gas in the mags the seals will pop .That's why i said use silicone oil to keep them in good condition simples .

Comment

I sent a g&g mp5 special delivery and that was £13

Comment

Originally posted by Cam the Airsofter View Post
              Dont they X-Ray scan parcels? Or have I been watching to much CSI?
              Ups dont even scan fraight parcels at airsports thats why they carnt trade at east mids airport at moment

Comment

DO NOT VENT THE MAGS!!!!!

I left a mag empty for a couple of days and that was enough to kill the seals. I don't believe it was a coincidence as I've never had it happen before or since and often leave mags untouched for months at a time.

I would not put any form of note on the outside of the package. There's no requirement for you to do this and may cause more trouble that it's worth. The only exception I would make to this is if it's being sent to an area where they may use air to carry it, but that's really only NI and the far north of Scotland.

I do like the note added by Longshot though and will probably use this myself in future.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks robin!

I will not vent the mags, never have, never will.
                  Also I am going to put the not inside the case.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

lets get something straight, if the mag being empty for a couple of days killed your seals then the likelihood is they were pretty much fecked already & you have failed to properly maintain your mags in the first place......silicon oil should be used on your mags, how often depends on the amount of usage & the type of gas you charge them with.

even if you keep minimal gas pressure in your mags to ensure a seal, if the gas has little or no silicon content then the seals will degrade over time......i still have my first pistol, purchased over eight years ago & the mags still contain the original seals & have never let me down.......AND i now use propane which contains no silicon & runs at prob highest pressure achievable.

A PROPERLY MAINTAINED MAG WILL EASILY SURVIVE A WEEK WITH NO GAS, IF IT DOESN'T..........WELL, YOU WORK IT OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      lets get something straight, if the mag being empty for a couple of days killed your seals then the likelihood is they were pretty much fecked already & you have failed to properly maintain your mags in the first place......silicon oil should be used on your mags, how often depends on the amount of usage & the type of gas you charge them with.

even if you keep minimal gas pressure in your mags to ensure a seal, if the gas has little or no silicon content then the seals will degrade over time......i still have my first pistol, purchased over eight years ago & the mags still contain the original seals & have never let me down.......AND i now use propane which contains no silicon & runs at prob highest pressure achievable.

A PROPERLY MAINTAINED MAG WILL EASILY SURVIVE A WEEK WITH NO GAS, IF IT DOESN'T..........WELL, YOU WORK IT OUT.
                      Thank you very much for that insightful input. Obviously the years I've had gas pistols, without ever having an issue before or since, plus the fact that I bought the gun and two spare mags at the same time (about 6 years ago) and neither of the other mags have ever suffered any problems are nothing in comparison to your expertese Like I said, I don't believe it was a coincidence, regardless of your opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

everyones entitled to an opinion & im just sharing my experience that enables to formulate mine.....incidentally the only mag seals i've had fail are those that have accompanied secondhand pistols i've bought, of which there have been many.

Comment

The place I need to send it to is in wales.... Will it be flown?

Comment

simple just do what I`ve seen a certain Scottish airsoft retail do write "do not fly" on the box you don`t have to write why.
                            sigpic
                            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                              simple just do what I`ve seen a certain Scottish airsoft retail do write "do not fly" on the box you don`t have to write why.
                              But be prepared: I did that once when returning an AEG to said retailer - I was asked why it said that. I said it contained electrical parts that might cause problems - note: not a lie, just not the whole story.

Comment

yeah just say because the midget in the box is afraid of flying lol
                                sigpic
                                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cam the Airsofter Find out more about Cam the Airsofter
                                Working...
                                X