Lipo not charging..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo not charging..

I've got a simple Turnigy lipo charger for my 7.4v 800mah Lipo, and it's not charging for some reason.. it's a simple plug in, turn on at the mains and charge charger but for some reason the Lipo isn't charging. It's brand new so shouldn't be a problem, but is there anything I'm doing wrong? I've only just switched over to Lipo so I'm not sure what I'm doing right or wrong.

Oh and the charger is the £14-odd Lipo charger from a shop of electrical components, so hopefully you guys might have experience with it.

Cheers in advance guys!

Re: Lipo not charging..

Get a proper smart charger, lipo's arn't hard to look after but they do like to be charged properly. Decent ones start around £50 cant link as i'll get shouted at
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll start looking at an Imax B6 I think, now that I've not got such a low budget

Comment

Does it come up with an warning messages? Or when you get to the charge screen it simply won't charge?

Comment

No warning messages, just the green LED light turns off, so I'm just left with the red LED light instead of both green and red. I think I'll just invest in an Imax B6 and somehow rig a batt to the side of my stock for tomorrow's skirmish instead of attempting to go the skirmish with just the one lipo, which could stop firing pretty quickly.

Cheers anyway though.

Comment

Yeah that's probably the best idea.

I have the £30ish Turnigy which does Lipo NiMH and NiCD with an LCD screen, which is nice. Just another option for you

Comment

arnt the ones advertised at 14quid just balance chargers that you only plug the small white connector on the lipo into .
              you still need to connect the mini tamiya to a normal charger to charge the battery the balance charger only balances the cells as the seperate charger charges
              m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Cerbo Knight i believe is talking about the turnigy accucel 6. Brilliant charger with a balance mode and like he says its only £30

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                  Yeah that's probably the best idea.

I have the £30ish Turnigy which does Lipo NiMH and NiCD with an LCD screen, which is nice. Just another option for you
                  Thanks very much, I'll check it out now

Also yeah i've just seen it's a balance charger (major facepalm), but it also happens to be a trickle charger, so just very slow charging..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jsmithy Find out more about Jsmithy
                  Working...
                  X