choosing a GBBR, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choosing a GBBR, help

hey guys im starting to go more and more into the GBBR side of things in terms of airsoft. ive owned a few GBBR rifles and im thinking of buying a new one. the two that are in my sights are the WE m4a1 open bolt and the WE m14 open bolt. i need help choosing. i know this is abit of an abstract question however im stuck.

i have owned a fair few AR-15 builds in my time and its basically the only type of rifle i buy, so i it time for a change...

i play at dragon valley alot which is a fairly open site with a fair open areas. if i were to get the m14 i would use it as a DMR and if i were to get the m4 i would play in my usual play style "heavy assult".

please right below which out of the two you think i should get and why please dont suggest any other GBBR's im only interested in the two above.

cheers

Re: choosing a GBBR, help

Just one tidbit from me, I'd wait til the new M4 mags come out, the old ones aren't great. The new mags bring the perfomance up to a level approaching that of the G39.

M14 is a solid bit of kit.

Comment

I've converted some of my old V1 (black) M4 mags and they are performing fine .

Both guns are great but I will warn you the M14 is about twice the weight of the TM with a 20 round mag on and no optics

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
        Just one tidbit from me, I'd wait til the new M4 mags come out, the old ones aren't great. The new mags bring the perfomance up to a level approaching that of the G39.

M14 is a solid bit of kit.
        What new M4 mags would these be? As i have just bought a WE L85 and need mags for it.
        B&T MP5SD5

Comment

how bout you try somin different m8 and go 4 the m14 they look good.and everyone seems to hav the m4s nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by SA-80_DUDE25 View Post
            What new M4 mags would these be? As i have just bought a WE L85 and need mags for it.
            Im sure he just means the OB mags.

Comment

OB mags? I've got a WE M4 and it's not as good as my mates WE G39. Defo the 39 is the better of the two. Also comes apart easy and he said the NPAS took five min to fit to the 39 and cost £15 from HK.

Comment

Rich is your M4 Open or Closed bolt?

Comment

Open bolt mate, why?

Comment

Thought it might have been closed as you said it wasnt as good as the G39.
                    Id have thought the M4 would have field stripped a lot easier than the G39?
                    And as such made the NPAS a lot easier to fit & adjust.

Comment

Well I don't know too much about fitting the NPAS to the M4 as it was done when I got it and yes it comes apart nice and easy but so does the G39. It also sounds louder, looks better and feels better. The M4 is metal but over all it really is like comparing a yank Ford to a German Audi lol

Comment

Thats good to know mate, i got rid of my G36 to make way for the L85 and it was a toss up between getting the M4 or the G36 again for over the winter.
                        I think it has to be the tried and tested G36 for me then

Edit
                        The M14 is pretty usless as a DMR without nozzle modification too from what ive heard and helped out other users.
                        With NPAS installed and fully closed both users that came to me were firing at 330fps untill they did some modifications to the nozzle.

Comment

Is the L85 no good for winter then?

Comment

I may be suprised but i doubt it, it is just one huge lump of "cold" metal, with metal mags, the only plastic where it counts anyway is the nozzle...lol.
                            Whereas the G36s massive sucsess in the cold was widley atributed to the fact that it is largley polymer gun and its mags are encased in plastic.

Comment

Oh really Tisane? I never considered the materials in the winter... My M4 does get bloody cold after prolonged firing and then just dumps it's gas and sort of shudders lol. Right looks like the winner is neither the M4 or the M14 lol. I do want an M14 tho, what a beast. If you just use it on CQB tho it'd be pretty naff but for woodland you could just use it on single shot and not worry about the receiver freezing lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                              Working...
                              X