X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which am bestest Glock?

Im serious though.

Looking at 2.

The kwa system 7 Glock 17, or the TM glock 18c.

I'm reading a lot on kwa glocks but keep being fed reviews for ksc glocks, and not good things to be said generally. Are they the same thing?

What I'm looking for in the new pistol is:

Out of box performance
    Reliability (mostly how long will it last. They'll both last in winter)
    Build quality
    General feel in your hand
    Holsters and accessories etc
    Look

Not interested much in upgrades. I'd really appreciate comments from people who've handled both, to gain comparison, rather than everyone simply saying their glock is the best.

Re: Which am bestest Glock?

TM every single time Ben. Without a shadow of doubt mate.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Tm defo all the way.

Comment

I have the KSC g19, cant fault it, yes they may have a few problems with their valve but once you get the upgrade then its a blinding gun. Plus it also depends on if you want full auto or not, I would say the KWA/KSC is better on gas (its the original system 7, sys7 was designed for the glocks) but then the TM may be slightly more reliable.

Also consider the possibility of a g18 is full auto so you can drop it into one of the body kits easily where a g17 will be semi only even when in a kit.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Um for general reliabilty go TM, for awsomeness (is that a word?) get a kwa/ksc g18 with a metal slide. Just dont expect reliability without a valve upgrade and pretty powerful gas, ive recently swapped to guarder gas in my kwa g18 and i can get about 40rnds on a cold first fill :p
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

TM.

Out of box performance - TM hands down in accuracy and range
            Reliability (mostly how long will it last. They'll both last in winter) - TM
            Build quality - Quality? TM.
            General feel in your hand - Debatable, but the KWA just isn't as precise as TM. TM feels more robust to me.
            Holsters and accessories etc - TM have a wider range of accessories, but KSC Glock parts are usually cheaper.
            Look
            for awsomeness (is that a word?) get a kwa/ksc g18 with a metal slide.
            Why not the TM Glock 18c?

Comment

instead of telling him TM every time, why dont you tell him why.. have you guys used both glocks from both companies?

I have a kwa/ksc G18c and I can tell you, I swear by that gun. It has never let me down once. I have abused it like no other and that gun responds every time I press the trigger. I have drop that gun from the top of the hill at cerberus, Pulled it apart to clean the dirt and started playing with it again in the next match.

It draws everyone attention when on full auto every time. Uses gas efficiently, I can generally get two full mags worth of bb's(60) out of one filled gas mag, depending on the temperature, and let me not get into the distance this thing fires at. its amazing for a gun that crono's 304-310.

So please tell us how the TM version is better as I'd like to see why it's worth an extra 100 quid.

Comment

instead of telling him TM every time, why dont you tell him why..
                Ok, get the TM because it's so much better. The KWA/KSC is a very old design with what I would say is a poor hop up. I'm not saying the KWA/KSC Glock 17 is a bad gun, I'm just saying that from all the GBBs I have owned, the TMs are just better than KSC/KWA, especially in relation to Glocks.

have you guys used both glocks from both companies?
                Yes.

So please tell us how the TM version is better as I'd like to see why it's worth an extra 100 quid.
                Erm.... KWA ~ £110, TM ~ £140.

Comment

^^^

There you go, Apurturesci saved me the bother at least.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Thanks icognito, I was expecting a Lot of TM love though!

Would be using propane, full auto would only be for occasional scare/grin factor and would never buy a kit for it!

Metal slide is definately a big plus, but plastic works better. I'm a bit worried as I've gone through 2 hi capa slides in the last couple of months on propane though.

Comment

Metal slide is definately a big plus, but plastic works better. I'm a bit worried as I've gone through 2 hi capa slides in the last couple of months on propane though.
                      You can get a TM Glock 18c slide with outer barrel for $10 from HK. Or a Glock 17 slide and barrel for the same price. That's like £20 tops for two brand new replacement slides in case anything does go wrong.

Comment

Marui 18c and heres why: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92593

Best gun Ive ever owned bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          You can get a TM Glock 18c slide with outer barrel for $10 from HK. Or a Glock 17 slide and barrel for the same price. That's like £20 tops for two brand new replacement slides in case anything does go wrong.
                          True. It's also the general feel of them. Then again, my only reason for the metal slide was to change the look of my hi capa as I grew bored of it.

Would everyone who's said TM honestly pay £50 more for it?

Comment

Would everyone who's said TM honestly pay £50 more for it?
                            If you went for the TM Glock 17, they're only around £110. But you get when you pay for, so the choice is yours.

Comment

Id rather pay £100 more for a TM pistol than a KWA/KSC pistol.
                              Out of every brand Ive owned, TM is the only one that make pistols that dont suck.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X