Starter Sniper Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Sniper Rifle?

Ello, just before I start I just wanna say no hating just becuase I'm new and I wanna snipe; I have tried it and it was really fun ^^.

Okey doke, so I wanna get this:
    Link Removed (not from that website, from zero one)

it's the Tokyo Marui (which I've read is a good make?) VSR 10.
    specs nicked from some american shop:

Item Weight (gram) 1930
    Length 1075mm
    Barrel Length ~430mm
    Blow Back No
    Hop-up Adjustable
    Shooting Mode Manual
    Other Power Source Air Cocking (Spring)
    Magazine Capacity 30 Rounds
    Bullet Type 6mm BB
    Power (Muzzle Velocity) 275FPS
    Manufacturer Tokyo Marui / TM
    Package Includes

* Tokyo Marui VSR-10 Pro-Sniper Airsoft Spring Rifle
    * 30 rounds Magazine
    * 7.62 Dummy Round
    * 200rd Sniper Bullet
    * Instruction Manual (English)
    * Marui Product Line Up Guide
    * Original Box

I'm only 13; and so I can completely understand why any site owners wouldn't want me using something ridiculous, like a 400-500fps gun, and the only sniper I can find with a suitable FPS is this one

so, I guess my question is:
    is this a good sniper for me, or is the FPS too low? Can a gun be accurate with such low FPS? If any of you guys have been, I go to ultimate wargames in tonbridge and limpsfield, would this perform well there?

thanks for your help :D
    Last edited by Fingers; 23 August, 2009, 01:56. Reason: Retailer link removed

Re: Starter Sniper Rifle?

If your going to seriously snipe, you will want to upgrade the spring, among other things, for a high FPS, regardless of your age, just as long as your skill permits. At 300 fps youll just have a big springer, probably not that great a one either. You gun will probably be accurate, yes, but it will lack serious range
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

even at low fps guns can be accurate but it may lack range - however site owners may not like so young a person walking around with a weapon so powerful

anybody who has used my classic army scar can back me up

out ranges pretty much everything.. and i recall it only being 230 fps

... 13 huh...i wont ask about how your getting it lol

hope that was helpful
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
        If your going to seriously snipe, you will want to upgrade the spring, among other things, for a high FPS, regardless of your age, just as long as your skill permits. At 300 fps youll just have a big springer, probably not that great a one either. You gun will probably be accurate, yes, but it will lack serious range
        do you think it would be worth buying and as I progress/get better i could upgrade it =)?

Comment

Many sight owners won't be happy with you using it at high power, until you have been a few times. At that power level the vsr is best, in fact at any legal UK power, the vsr is best So just go with the vsr, and upgrade it as you get the hang of sniping :p
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorb View Post
            Many sight owners won't be happy with you using it at high power, until you have been a few times. At that power level the vsr is best, in fact at any legal UK power, the vsr is best So just go with the vsr, and upgrade it as you get the hang of sniping :p
            ok sweet, think I will buy this one then what weight bbs should i use for it?

Comment

at that fps - try 0.25-0.30g. But only good makes - SGM's are the best but very expensive. You could try 0.23's i suppose or even 0.20's but I wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorb View Post
                at that fps - try 0.25-0.30g. But only good makes - SGM's are the best but very expensive. You could try 0.23's i suppose or even 0.20's but I wouldn't.
                4000x 0.25g ICS' are at £9 atm, would they do the job ?

Comment

Dude i dont see why people this saying im not sure if they will like you having a powerful gun at 13 i mean in 14 ive had a 500fps sniper and ive had 4 guns just because were young doesnt mean were stupid and my guns arent 2 tone
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 23 August, 2009, 07:24.

Comment

If you are only using them for a vsr then there are better ones. You may as well spend the £9 on 1000 very good quality bb's because you won't get through 4000. After a quick look on 01 I would say go with the KSC perfects, you will have trouble seeing ICS black bb's (in fact 01 have discontinued them, and replaced with their own brand), and KSC Perfect are very nice.

Comment

we arnt saying you ARE nobody has

but site owners tend to limit high fps rifle to younger people.....

at my site its mostly if you are new they dont allow 500fps - you have to become a regular player and earn their trust first
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Not to mention, their insurance may well limit you.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah I agree =P. but i guess with this gun as the site owner gets to know that im not an idiot with these guns then he'll let me upgrade it

Comment

We are not, it is nothing to do with him being 13, but the fact he is a new player. The same guidelines would apply to a newbie 30 year old. It is other player safety that is at stake, and an inexperienced player is a liability, therefore they shouldn't jump in at the deep end. I also congratulate the original poster for understanding that.

One example is the 30m minimum engagement distance, new players often have trouble judging that, and it is dangerous.

Comment

A very good way of looking at it, that the site owner will appreciate.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reflexsnipe Find out more about reflexsnipe
                              Working...
                              X