• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a vest for a quite cheap vest

I would like it to hold:

About 8-10 mags

A drop pouch/bag thing

Also is it better/cheaper to get a leg starp for a pistol and some mags or hav it in the tac vest???

Re: Looking for a vest for a quite cheap vest

What is your budget?
    [Professional Training Weapon HK416] [WE M4 CQBR] [Tokyo Mauri Sig Sauer P226R]

[United States Navy EOD Impression]

Comment

no need for 2 threads

Comment

Warrior WRPC-7.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

hi phil, lot of things you need to take in to consideration, your budget, your size, your fitness.
          i mention the above as for example vests come in various sizes & weights, sometimes if a player is out of shape (like me), your choice of vest can pretty much finish you off, some can be bit on the heavy side or have poor ventilation or cut, add 10 mags & other kit & it gets a bit heavy going.
          some players like lightweight plate carriers, but again if your a big chap these can look daft, like they've shrunk or something.
          pouch configuration is another issue, many fixed pouch vests are biased towards a right handed player, if your a lefty mag changes etc can be awkward.
          if your playing with minimal kit at the moment but have a regular site you use maybe you could post on your sites forum this post & ask if anybody has any vests or other loadbearing equipment you could borrow briefly on a gameday, even if its only for an hour or two you would get an idea what suits you.
          personally ive got quite a few vests, at the moment im loving my was ricas's (have black & od), but due to health & fitness problems i usualy end up dumping them & grabbing my blackhawk molle bandoleer, super lightweight but still enough capacity for most games especialy when carrying hi-caps.
          my son gets all my cast off kit, just given him my idf vest,great vest, loads of fixed pouchs, very light & realy realy comfortable but bit short in the body for me (im 6.2)
          can also recommend a bulle mle setup, again very light & comfy, plenty of molle but in an old skool webbing style & has some fixed open pouches behind the cumberband which can be handy.
          thigh rigs again come down to personal choice, whether they be holsters or other platforms, some people love 'em but after years of rugby & ice hockey (big thighs) i struggle to get a decent fit, if they slip down during play they dont always slide back up unless i have them too loose in which case they flap around when running (shame i bought loads before i realised this lol)
          if you can loan some kit you could save yourself a lot of hassle in the long run.
          good luck, i hope you find what you want..........mark

Comment

Flyye/Guarder/King Arms/Pantac/HSGI<<FTW Weesatch [/THREAD]

You can hold 8 mags comfortably but 10 could be crammed in if absolutely needed. The dump pouch can also fit on the vest itself if you wanted it there.

Personally, I have a battle belt (duty belt works well too) with a dump pouch and I'm planning on fitting two FastMag pouches on it. So I'd have a total of 8 mags on the vest and two more on the belt for faster reloads.

Comment

It depends somewhat on what gun you use, and your style of play. I once bought a Viper South African Assault Vest, but that doesn't hold AK mags. It does, however, have a whole lot of space for standard M4 type mags. It also has pouches you can use as dump pouches, and is pretty ambidextrous. It's very versatile, and can fit a young, skinny rake of a kid, or a great, hulking brute of a veteran!

You could get a Viper Special Forces Vest (don't pay more than £30 brand new). They come with a nice, sturdy belt, to which you can add a dump pouch, a drop leg holster (or a hip holster), and a MOLLE double mag pouch.

Or hunt around and pick up some used MOLLE kit. A basic Rhodesian Recon Vest is quite reasonably priced, and to it you can add enough pouches of varying capabilities and sizes, to meet most needs.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

If you are starting out you can't go wrong with Vyper as it's dirt cheap second hand. 20-30 buckaroo's
                It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbite View Post
                  If you are starting out you can't go wrong with Vyper as it's dirt cheap second hand. 20-30 buckaroo's
                  Agree with this man. Viper are very cheap if you shop about, and even fit someone with a 'umm.... "more ample frame" like mine.

Recommended.

#carried away by a Moonlight shadow...#

Comment

Don't buy anything that isn't branded. You'll struggle to get the pouches on the sides that you'd need to hold those mags. Especially if it comes from china

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pancake phil Find out more about pancake phil
                    Working...
                    X