Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie advice re woodland rifle

Hi

Have just completed my UKARA at AWA herts and am off to purchase my 1st AEG.....But hopefully with some advice from experienced airsofters.

Intended Use : Woodland
    Fps : 265-350
    Price Range : £100-£250

I'd like a AEG that will be able to hold its own in a woodland/field combat situation, as after using rented guns and not being able to hit anything more than 20 feet away I want something that has range.

I have been looking at the Tokyo Marui's and been reading varying reviews but most say that they have the best hop up unit ?

Any suggestions would be helpful and also which reputable supplier to use ??

Thanks

Budda

Re: Newbie advice re woodland rifle

theres no such thing as a woodland gun!

im planning on running around with a springer shotgun next game, against aeg's

pick what you want, go to a shop, handle the guns see what feels right for you

Comment

yeah thanks for that ... that was helpful

a AEG to be used while playing within a woodland setting

Comment

Originally posted by budda View Post
        yeah thanks for that ... that was helpful

a AEG to be used while playing within a woodland setting
        Sarcasm detected?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bluegill;806876]Sarcasm detected?[/QUOTE

haha i think so
          Originally posted by hoggy21
          Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

no sarcasm there matey just new to all these airsoft terms & phrases.... thks for advice

Comment

yes but what im getting at is,

how can we tell you on what gun your after, go to a shop, have a fondle, see what the guns feel like and have a play,

or do what i did, spend £200 a month on diff guns, till you find one that feels nice, then sell the ones you dont want at a loss of 50% lol

Comment

yeah went up to ************* and had a look but they didn't have any TM in stock to take a look at and seems only places who stock are ************ and zero one . which aren't near to me. Think i'll probably go the route you have by purchasing one via the internet... Think I was more after advice about re which make for reliability.. build quality and best value for price .... which make do you recommend ?

Comment

**do not link retailers**
                  Last edited by ThePope; 20 July, 2011, 11:45.

Comment

Utmost of your budget, G&P. Or classic army but that's a little over I think?

Comment

or just go and fondles someones weapon in the woods somewhere lol

Comment

ha ha

ok cool thanks i'll have a look at ca and g&p

Comment

G&G Raider from zeroone, good quality and good performance. and under £200

Originally posted by Metalbody
                          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

There is no such thing as a woodland weapon, you can run around with a handbag sized TM P90 if you wanted to and it would out range a lot of aeg's.

My advice would be to have a bash and see what you like the look of first before spending cash (because trust me you won't end up having 1 AEG its a bug) but you want a nice start.

The new G&G range is ace for starters and get the fun of their blowback system.

You want a realistic M4 then grab a G&P but don't expect monster range with the stock hop unit in it, would need replacing with a modded madbull unit (which I wouldn't advice messing about with on your first AEG) how ever if you do plan on upgrading G&P would be the best bet.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Probably better to have a look for a second hand AEG that has been looked after and upgraded a bit (Hop up etc) because if you buy a new one I guarantee that you will be spending money on upgrades within a week or two anyway lol.
                              I do a lot of woodland and the majority of people seem to use M4's as they are a good all rounder but if you want a bit more range you could go down the M14 route. You can get a long length TM M14 or a TM Socom M14 for the top end of your budget if you shop around a bit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

budda Find out more about budda
                              Working...
                              X