Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher Quality AEG

Hey All,
    Im Soon going to have around £300 to spend and im looking at getting one of the higher end AEG's. My first few guns have been Chinese Clones (JG Etc) And im looking to get something With a bit more Quality and better performance. The main thing i want is ROF, A decent ROF Is a must as i play in a CQB Enviroment. Tell me what you guys think?
    Primary Weapons - A&K SVD (With PS01)| JG MP5 SD6| G&P M16A3 With M203
    Side Arms - TM MP7A1
    Gear - Woodland DPM and DUC.
    Site - CQB Scotland

Re: Higher Quality AEG

Two words from me.
    Classic Army.

Never had a better AEG stock. If you can afford it go for a (second hand maybe) CA SCAR-L.

You could fold the stock for CQB, got lots of room for accs, and the one I have that was bought off a friend, all he did was change the wiring and the ROF is insane.

Not to mention the accuracy and range it has.
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Ics, good power from stock, come with 2 hicaps, metal gears and bushings, so it will take a high voltage battery, you will need a 9.6 really though, but very easy to tinker with, if thats your thing.

Comment

Agree with the above. ICS MP5's on Z1 for under £200, well within budget, allowing for loads of extras.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks For The Info Guys however i have decided to go the Way Of GBB!
          Primary Weapons - A&K SVD (With PS01)| JG MP5 SD6| G&P M16A3 With M203
          Side Arms - TM MP7A1
          Gear - Woodland DPM and DUC.
          Site - CQB Scotland

Comment

ICS if you are keeping your gun cosmetically stock, esoecially if you are an armalite fan. ICS use different measurements compared to the rest of the motley crew and that means its very very hard to find barrel kits and what not to fit on them. The rails are all 20mm though so attaching torches and stuff isn't a problem, just the fancy things like new stocks or bodies.

Failing that VFC
            SAVE OUR SPORT
            http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

I mean no offence to you when i say this, but

MORON!

Sorry, as i said thats not intentional, but please make sure you know what your getting into with GBBs, they do require alot of maintainance and care, as well as lot of gas expenses to run, so make sure you know what your doing with one!
              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

If you decide against GBB, especially after considering how poorly they perform in temperature fluctuations etc, then I'd say Classic Army, unless you want an Armalite, in which case G&P all the way. ICS can be frustrating as although they're well built and generally reliable, upgrading them can be very difficult.
                WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                  I mean no offence to you when i say this, but

MORON!

Sorry, as i said thats not intentional, but please make sure you know what your getting into with GBBs, they do require alot of maintainance and care, as well as lot of gas expenses to run, so make sure you know what your doing with one!
                  To the OP, don't flip at Mike, he hates gas guns.

I say good man! Be prepared for some TLC and lots of maintainance but you'll have a lot more fun.

Comment

surely if ROF is your main concern you should be going for an AEG due to cooldown etc..

Comment

I'd not really recommend a GBB as your main for CQB (Freeport anyway) as you'll likely have to buy a fair number of mags and have to reload frequently if you're like the rest of us and quite happy to unload 3k+ bbs a gameday .. also remember the FPS limits in place at CQB's sites, if your GBB is above 330fps you might not be allowed to use it @ Freeport (though you'll probably get away with around 345 if you're not using full auto at close range).. for the Woodland site though, it could be worth a try.

I'd suggest something like a CA or ICS MP5 for CQB really .. or a CA or TM P90 could serve you well both indoors and out and there's plenty of upgrades available for em to increase RoF and reliability.
                      AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

G&P m4 i would easily recommend, replace the hop up and your set! you can change it into a shorter gun for CQB and add a longer ris for woodland. Excellent gun.
                        Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

If you do go down the gas route be prepared to pay alot more than £300.
                          For a £300 budget I'm guessing you're thinking AGM.
                          If so you'll need a new hop and an adjustable valve to drop it down to CQB safe FPS as a minimum. For higher ROF you'll also need a new buffer kit.
                          After that there's the mags, They only hold 50 rounds and cost about £25-30 each and also weigh a ton (even compared to WE M4 mags)
                          Oh and then there's the small matter of gas. Propane is the cheap option but the mag seals wont last long on that so new O rings all around.

Comment

deffo CA (B&T) or ICS for mp5s

or CA / G&P for assault rifles
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

ok well heres my advice

ive just bought a WE GBB SCAR and its absolutly brilliant, you can fold the stock for cqb (altho i wouldnt advise it as the catch is pretty weak) or alternatly you can just slide the stock up. its nice and heavy with a solid recoil and just awesome

HOWEVER

for cqb you have gota remember that most GBB fire around 350-400 fps out the box WAAAAAAAAYYYYY too hot for cqb. which means more money, you will either have to get a NPAS for the WA/AGM or WE m4's which will set you back around 50-80 quid, sometimes more, in order to bring your fps down. For the SCAR, well tough, they havent released one yet so you wont be able to use it lol.

Then the mags, holding only 30 rounds each and at 30 quid each for WE and £50+ for the WA youre looking at a lot of cash

niether here nore there but maintence is an issue for some, i strip, clean, and lube mine after every game when i skirmish with it. Probably a bit excessive, but still highlights the need for maintenence, i personally dont mind.

oh an i find i will easily rinse 10 quids worth of gas in a day

so, for CQB, i would advise an AEG for that price range

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CallumM7 Find out more about CallumM7
                              Working...
                              X