Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M203 are they worth it?

Hi all,
    Whats your views on the use of M203 launchers?
    Are they worth the money or are they uneffective?
    Do you need a UKARA licence for a grenade launcher?
    Cheers
    sigpic

Re: M203 are they worth it?

hi

my view is that they can be good for cqb if used with small shells but bad for woodland and ok for urban

depends on what type ur local site is

and i think you do need ukara but ask robin as im not sure.

Comment

not sure on the ukara bit but i would say there not worth the money there great for look and great for scare tactics but in terms of kills ive had mine for maybe 4 or so years and have only ever got about 5 kills with it :D also i have noticed that people dont tend to take the hits =/ thats happened to me more often than ive got kills with it.

Comment

The sites I go to are GZW and GZU
        sigpic

Comment

VCRA is vague on things like 203 launchers, as it depends on the definition of firearm. There's also an argument about section 5 of the firearms act, as a single "trigger" pull fires more than one projectile (though the low power of the shells should make this irrelevant).

Some retailers say that it needs a trigger to be covered, others insist on a defence for all types. Some don't ask for anything at all, as they say it's a grenade launcher in the real world and therefore can't be considered an imitation firearm.

Personally, I'm not willing to stick my neck out and give an opinion!
          sigpic

Comment

Personally I think they can look fantastic but in reality they are hardly ever useful.
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

do they have decent range ?
              Cheers
              sigpic

Comment

depends on the shell but more often than not there not great range.

Comment

Urban yeah, woodland don't bother, just extra weight to lug around
                  G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I sold mine for a great reason.

To be totally honest... They're a waste of time. When you do remember to bring it out with you, some ball bearings might go walkies from the shells, they may leak or more so, you may just forget to use it, as I have many a time!

Besides, are you going to mount it on a rifle? It's gotta be a short'un if you plan to use it in CQB, which in my opinion, kind of renders it useless.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I plan on mounting it to a M4, anyone have and experience with the ICS ones?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                        Personally I think they can look fantastic but in reality they are hardly ever useful.
                        This man speaks the truth...

as much as I absolutely loved the GP-30 on my AK74...

I think I fired it about 2 maybe 3 times in anger?

They look amazing and they can strike fear into the hearts of man when they look down the barrel of one at CQB ranges, but in all reality theyre rather impractical, very poor range, utter pain in the ass to reset/reload the shells in a firefight so you need to carry several shells, which are expensive and bulky.

Personally if Im close enough to use an M203, Id rather just go for my pistol, much more satisfying.

Comment

Well for a man of no pistol do you think it's okay as a last resort or should I invest in a pistol?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
                            Well for a man of no pistol do you think it's okay as a last resort or should I invest in a pistol?
                            You could get a good Tokyo marui for the price of a m203 launcher, just go for the pistol

Comment

Definitly get a pistol, you'll get way more satisfaction out of it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jelliffe99 Find out more about Jelliffe99
                              Working...
                              X