Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new AEG

hi soon i will recieve £200+ so i want to get an AEG
    ive had a look around various websites including Z1 but am not sure what to get. i want an M4 or M16
    Im after something close to the picture and preferably metal. so guys any ideas? can you please post links if possible?
    thanks Marky

Re: new AEG

could get something made by JG. G36Cs look pretty cool; but JG do also make m4s. my friend got one a couple of days ago, jammed only twice in one, 7 hour skirmish.

Comment

yeah i had a look at JG's and they are reliable from what i heard but i dont think a G36 would be for me
      but i wouldn't mind one if it came to it
      but im mainly after an M4, M16 or Mp5
      thanks
      Marky

Comment

For 200 quid you could get a d-boys or jg metal bodied m4 s-system.
        they are reliable and perform wekll so a good starter gun perhaps
        CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
        CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

i was having look around and have a list of guns could you guys give me opinions on them for me?

dboys m4 sd cqb
          SRC G36E
          JG G3 RAS

Comment

you can pick up an eotech holosite replica for about £40 ish on ebay jsut dont forget with JG and D-boy guns, you may have to pay to have them downgreaded (as many come shooting at over the uk legal limate)
            Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

The JG G3 RAS has lots of reviews on youtube. I haven't seen a bad review yet, however a friend of mine has one and mentioned the bb's were breaking or flaking in the barrel.

I am new to airsoft also and will be getting my first gun soon (JG G3 RAS). Set my mind on the G3 as I want the long barrel for the accuracy and range. Not sure whether to get a scope of red dot though...Maybe both. I don't see many G3 types on when I have skimished, hoping that is not for bad reasons.
              G&P Zombie receiver
              Systema Revolution GB
              V-Tac 11" Rail
              Madbull SOCOM Ace Stock
              WE 1911 Punisher
              TM VSR G-Spec

Comment

The only problem I've found with G3s so far is the damn safety switch, hehe. It's just that bit too big and in just the wrong place, so you cannot physically change from safe to single or full auto to single while sighting. Pain in the ass, but bearable.

Generally speaking though, it's a very nice weapon base, very upgradable, takes some of the mp5 parts and has aftermarket metal kits Just don't get the TM quick release claw mount as it barely fits on a plastic body and pretty much doesn't fit on a metal one.

The rifle I've got is the marui hk51, for reference's sake.

Comment

Ive got one of those G3s, and its a lovely bit of kit, however, they are very prone to trigger problems, its only one quick fix but it will stop the gun firing if it happens, never good in the midst of combat
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Would you recommend a fix before skimishing or wait til the problem arises with the trigger?

Back to the other guns, they are all very good guns. I think your choice will be best going for one that is most aesthetically pleasing.

Size will defo need to be your main consideration.

G3 is just over a metre long, good accuracy and range.
                    M4 is a much smaller, accuracy at range maybe an issue.
                    G36E - I am not sure about but seems to sit in the middle length wise.
                    G&P Zombie receiver
                    Systema Revolution GB
                    V-Tac 11" Rail
                    Madbull SOCOM Ace Stock
                    WE 1911 Punisher
                    TM VSR G-Spec

Comment

Most tests have shown that once you go past M4 length barrels in airsoft, there is no real difference in accuracy and range, what will make a difference is the quality and tightness of your barrel, so you dont need to worry about your G3 doing much better than your M4.

I wouldnt recommend an SRC G36 either, i havnt heard great stuff. The JG G36s, on the other hand, are some of the best guns out here, id definitly recommend those.

As for the trigger problem, id recommend fixing it before a game, as it requires a full strip down, although not hard, your asking for a problem if you do that in a skirmish field
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the trigger fix tip. I found out from other forums the barrel of the JG G3 RAS is 6.03mm
                        G&P Zombie receiver
                        Systema Revolution GB
                        V-Tac 11" Rail
                        Madbull SOCOM Ace Stock
                        WE 1911 Punisher
                        TM VSR G-Spec

Comment

You can get decent ics mp5s from zero one for under £200, and full metal. I think you get upgrades on some for free aswell as two tone.
                          Gonnae nae dae that?

Comment

There is a certain website which sells ICS guns with the plastic bodies. They are around 150-200 and they share all the same metal parts as the normal ICS guns apart from the reviver, so if you dont mind a plastic reviver you can get all the joys of the ICS M4/16's split gearbox of lovelness.
                            SAVE OUR SPORT
                            http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Ok I've made my mind up I'm going to buy a jg g36k sd ras with m4 magwell and ve stock!
                              So... What do you guys think?
                              Marky

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Marky Find out more about Marky
                              Working...
                              X