Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA G17 vs 18c vs 19

Let me start off by saying, Please no recommendations for a TM instead

Has anybody had experience with any or all of these pistols? I'm looking at getting one of the above and can't really seem to find the differences between them.

Are there any drawbacks of getting the 18c over the 17 or the 19?

At the moment I'm leaning more towards the 17 but if there is any reason why any of the other models are better then I'll go for them instead.

Cheers

Re: KWA G17 vs 18c vs 19

g17/18 have compatible mags, the only real difernce the the automatic ability of the 18.
    the 19 has a shorter barrel than the 17 so it would lack the range of the 18 and 17.

the g18 has the vote in my opinion as its more practical than the 17 and 19.

but why not tm, they're the best!?

Comment

Any particular reason for not wanting a TM... because I guarantee you the TM version(s) is a better pistol.

Comment

The 19 is a PTP version, so is made of slightly denser plastic - it feels a bit nicer and weighs closer to the real version, iirc.
        Full-auto variants are always going to be a little less reliable than semi ones, since they have more parts which can go wrong, and impart more stress on parts.
        I have a 19 and a 23F (select-fire variant of the 19 more or less) and the 19 is noticeably nicer to hold; although both are good.

Overall, it comes down to what you want; if you want a full-auto option, then the 18C is the way to go, if not, it's a choice between the 17 and 19. The 17 has magazines which hold a few more bbs, and I seem to recall the 19 being slightly more expensive.
        Also bear in mind that the 19 is a compact pistol, so if you have especially big hands then it may not fit comfortably.

EDIT:
        Originally posted by rambosheen View Post
        the 19 has a shorter barrel than the 17 so it would lack the range of the 18 and 17.
        Barrel length≠range
        Hop=range
        Others till I die

Comment

The reason it's a no to the TM is because I need it for this coming sunday and the KWA is the best of the available options, otherwise i would be going TM.

Thankyou for the very helpful reply ElCarl

Comment

If it's not absolutely essential, I'd wait and buy the TM. It's far superior to the KWA.

You'd just be buying a TM after your KWA breaks and you can't find any spare parts for it anyway

Comment

I've got a KWA 19. Love the gun and it hasn't failed me yet. Run it on propane in the winter and you're set to go!
              Hero to some, Villain to most.

Comment

i will give the single warning with the 18c, that if you wish to use full auto you NEED a powerful gas. when i got mine i had been airsofting for about a month, and bought Abbey Predator with it (please just dont) about 3-5 shots before it froze up. then switched to green gas, even in the summer it struggles to pull off a full mag on auto.
                i now run guarder gas in it. 50 rounds, 10 degrees outside? No problem.
                Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 22 July, 2011, 01:54. Reason: no degrees symbol
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jcowley Find out more about Jcowley
                Working...
                X