Penny for your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny for your thoughts

I am relatively new to airsoft and have only been playing with a cheap gun from my mate. I am looking into two-tone guns at the minute and am interested in either a Sniper/Pistol Combo with the Sniper in the £100-200 range and the pistol in the £40-50 range. I am wondering about people's experiences with various two tone weapons and what their advice would be when it comes to my own.

Jack

Re: Penny for your thoughts

Personally i'd wait until your eligible to buy a RIF. As when you are, you'll want to get rid of the two-tones straight away. Just rent for a few games and buy a RIF you won't regret the small wait

Comment

Agreed, just wait. 3 months isn't very long really
      Signature Removed

Comment

Definatley wait, get something good rather than wasting your money on substandard kit just to save 3 months and undermine the argument for VCR excemption!
        The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidjal View Post
          undermine the argument for VCR excemption!
          Why wait, by renting three times you waste 75 quid you could have spent on something else
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
            Why wait, by renting three times you waste 75 quid you could have spent on something else
            True, you can also change the two tone parts parts of the gun for under 75 quid

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post

Did I miss something..did I get quoted?
              The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Razur View Post
                True, you can also change the two tone parts parts of the gun for under 75 quid
                This you shouldn't be able to do easily. The body of the rifle should have to be a bright colour. We've all seen these "supposedly" VCRA compliant King Arms offerings. Only foregrip stock and pistol grip are clear. And you can pick up those 3 things for about £20. This i believe is wrong. The body 100% should be painted

Comment

If you're looking for a sniper between £100-£200 you can pick up a Well/Warrior (both the same) L96 for a £100-£120 with a spare mag or two.

Once you have a UKARA you can wrap your sniper in sniper tape and viola you have a ace looking L96 which you can upgrade as you go as well they are pretty good for it.

Can't help you with a pistol sorry bud don't have much know how with 2 tone pistols

Comment

OR the ASG copy of the Bar10 for less than £200 and 500 fps out of the box.

It is two months and a day, not three months.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

or dont get a sniper, as it's the first thing everyone gets, and seriously regrets it.
                      sigpic
                      View iTrader Rating Here
                      Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

If you would be against a sniper then what would you recommend instead? Within the same price range preferably

Comment

You're new..and want to be a sniper?

Sorry to sound harsh, but forget it. It's nothing like CoD, or the likes. Being a sniper relies heavily on patience, and fieldcraft skills. As it's important to maintain shooting distance whilst being covert. That's nothing easy. Buy something that can easily be used as an DMR and assault rifle. Such as an M16A4...

Comment

Right, you want peoples thoughts, so here you go.
                            1) Don't get a two tone, use the gun you're borrowing off your mate instead of having to rent, sort out registration on the UKARA database, buy a RIF
                            2) Don't get a sniper rifle as your first gun, you'd have to be prepared for a totally different style of play to get the most out of it. I would say a standard AEG, which for up to £200 you can get very easily.
                            With airsoft guns, it's mostly a question of do you like how the gun looks and feels. Then ask about that gun specifically. Mostly, the performance out of the box is fairly similar for most guns.
                            3) Don't waste your time with a pistol initially, buy an AEG, get to know it, work out how to maintain it yourself, work out a loadout that works for you, then think about a pistol. You probably wouldn't get a pistol worth having for your price range anyway, a good condition second hand TM GBB (or most other brands for that matter) with a couple of mags, you're looking at about £100

Also, how do you know you're always going to be up against a sniper? If you're in a standard skirmish, you might not be against the sniper directly. And even if you are, there are a few ways around it.
                            Charge them down with numbers, your rate of fire + 2 or 3 people = out gunned sniper
                            Use stealth and or flanking to sneak up on them

Comment

i bought a clone (well MB-10?) 193 all in with scope bipod, hitting 399 on a 0.2
                              then an EPIC 1911 springer, just so i had some thing else to shoot incase.

and in the 4 odd years i've been softing i can say i had a lota fun with these cheap things :D

snipeing is all about, rate of fire.
                              it's about the skill you put into killing one player.
                              then takeing out as many as you can but takeing you time, if they start to work out whats going on or where you are, just lay low and stay hidden, they'll soon get boared of sitting round,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jackinator Find out more about Jackinator
                              Working...
                              X