Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade problem - Thoughts

Hi all.

Recently I traded my M4 for a sniper rifle with a member on here.

The deal was my M4 which needed some work, for his "fully working" sniper. However, his sniper has broken within 2 days of me owning it(havent taken it apart or anything and have been VERY careful storing it considering its value.

Now, obviously I dont know if it arrived to me broken so cant expect to trade back, but this sniper rifle doesnt even fire, and as its a Tanaka its a bugger to find replacements for. Plus, Ive always thought theres some sort of warranty that comes with trades, even if its just for a week or 2(this is how Ive always done it anyway). It looks like Im going to have to spend 60 quid buying a power bolt for it.

Hes refusing to put any costs towards this new part, saying that as my M4 was worth alot less than his rifle it was a fair swap anyway. However, my argument is that that was the swap agreed, and he cant use that against me now to get out of partially refunding me.

So what are your thoughts on this. Is it fair enough for him not to refund me even a little bit?

You say broken within 2 days of owning it, how much use in those two days?

Comment

Re: Trade problem - Thoughts

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      You say broken within 2 days of owning it, how much use in those two days?
      Hardly any. Went out to fire this morning and broke then. Soon as I cocked it the back of hte bolt fell off!

Comment

He probably traded it to you dodgy, i would ask for a partial refund covering the cost of the bolt.

Comment

Mmmmmm could be a case of bodged together after the seller broke it, just enough to sell as working.
          Or it could just be the mother of all bad luck.
          But either way its not "fully working" is it?
          I would probably want something in the way of compensation.

Comment

Have asked for a partial refund(30 quid to pay for half of the replacement), and hes downright refusing, and threatening to leave me bad feedback.

What should I do? Obviously if I leave him bad feedback he'll give it to me to, and I dont want bad feedback on my record!

Comment

did he have any feedback at all?,reason i ask is that ive only purchased a few guns off here but am stocking up my armoury at the moment,and i will only purchase off people with plenty of feedback whom i think are reliable and honest.im afraid its bad luck on you but if the guy you bought from sold it to you knowing it was not a1 then he should do the decent thing and contribute to the repair.

Comment

At the end of the day its what you want
                A good reputation
                Or a working gun

Comment

Hes got plenty of good feedback, which is why I dont think he sent it to me broken. I reckon it must of happened in the post. Still though....I always give warranty within reason with my trades, Id hope hedid the same!

Comment

So it broke first shot? Is it likely to have been done in the post? As in, was it packaged really well... Can't see the bolt getting broke in transit..
                    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Gun was packaged in its original box so was sturdy. Im thinking now though transit damage is most likely, but the guy doesnt want to claim on the postage insurance .

Comment

Its a hard one, my take on 2nd hand sales is of RIFs is that there is no "warranty" as such, however any decent seller would do well to keep their customers happy.
                        Personaly if i sold a gun and it broke after a single trigger pull id be mote than happy to take the gun back to repair (provided it hadnt been messed with) or provide the cost of repair.
                        Possibly leave neutral feedback and leave it at that, 1 neutral feedback isnt going to make people run for the hills but will make them aware of a possible problem.

People on here worry too much about 100% feedback rating, and not enough about leaving honest feedback about their deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kang View Post
                          Gun was packaged in its original box so was sturdy. Im thinking now though transit damage is most likely, but the guy doesnt want to claim on the postage insurance .
                          I wonder why not?
                          Its not like he has to fork out for anything?
                          Unless it wasnt insured to its true value?

Comment

if done through paypal do a paypal claim because gun was not as described and u want a refund for the new part

Comment

Originally posted by edwa2 View Post
                              if done through paypal do a paypal claim because gun was not as described and u want a refund for the new part
                              It was a swap...........we have a little saying in the army, RTFQ lol
                              Originally posted by Bluegill
                              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kang Not much to say. My life is work, airsoft and TV! :P Find out more about Kang
                              Working...
                              X