Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Gas sniper to buy?

Hi guys,
    Im looking into gas sniper rifles. Ive seen a few that look pretty decent but im wanting to know which rifle would be the best.

I have a budget of up to £300, which rifle would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Re: Which Gas sniper to buy?

Avoid Tanaka .. These way overrated and break down easily plus they are incredibly inconsistent.
    Ares has some gas leaks you need so sort out.
    It's hard to maintain a gas sniper rifle.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
    WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
      Avoid Tanaka .. These way overrated and break down easily plus they are incredibly inconsistent.
      Ares has some gas leaks you need so sort out.
      It's hard to maintain a gas sniper rifle.

Wolf
      Dont agree with that at all.

Tanaka imo are the best gas snipers out there when set right and looked after. They've been known to reach 100 metres!

However...mine did break recently .

Comment

i still want yours kang, still got that lovely m4 waiting for you to say ok to here

what about the KJWs? im also interested in gas bolties if you hadnt of guessed

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseWookie View Post
          i still want yours kang, still got that lovely m4 waiting for you to say ok to here

what about the KJWs? im also interested in gas bolties if you hadnt of guessed
          KJWs not so good....

Ares DSRs are known to be excellent out of the box, as is the Ares AW338

And had forgotten about that offer mate! Will have a good think bout it, best offer yet!

Comment

The KJW has a 6.10 as standard barrel. Which is utter shite. The only aftermarket barrels that fit without modification are the KJW 6.04 and the EDGI 6.01.

The EDGI 6.01 will cost you over £100. Whereas the KJW 6.04 could be as little as £40.

You'll need to upgrade the striker spring and striker plates to get it shooting consistently. G&G Striker Spring a KA Striker Plates are the usual way to go. The hop rubber it uses are VSR styled ones. So you have a little choice on that front. You'll have to custom make some barrel spacers but it isn't exactly hard work to do that. Can just be time consuming depending on how many you want to make.

Comment

if it uses a vsr hop, surely you can get quite a range on it then?
              so what about a tanaka m700 vs and KJW
              to get them shooting at the same sort of performance what would you have to do? and what performs better out of the box?

Comment

Sorry Hunter, I'd like to point out that you're wrong about the barrels.

I've fitted a Deepfire VSR barrel in my KJW M700, and with no modification.
                It takes all VSR barrels, due to its hop design.
                Not meaning to be a dick or anything, it's just that I'd like to stop the spread of misquotes before they kick in.

Apart from the hop chamber, everything on the KJW is Tanaka compatible

My sources: Me, I own both the KJW M700 takedown and the Tanaka M40. Right now they share the Tanaka's PCS bolt between the two of them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ghost SC Find out more about Ghost SC
                Working...
                X