Socom Gear M9a1 sof any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom Gear M9a1 sof any good?

Hi guys i am thinking of buying a GBB pistol again and i came across the m9 sof. The gun seems from reviews to be shooting really well with good range and accurcay but i was wondering how it would stand up to a tokyo marui or other brands. I am looking for an m9 which literaly performs very well and is perfect for skirmishing rather than something which is a bit more fun to use of looks better. Thanks for any advice guys.

Nick
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: Socom Gear M9a1 sof any good?

Not used a Socom Gear M9, but I have used a Socom Gear 1911... and it was rubbish. Terrible performance and awful cooldown, wouldnt touch one with a barge pole.

If you want an M9, get either a Marui or Western Arms (which btw Im selling one at the moment if youre interested ) or perhaps even a KWA/KSC are supposedly very good, but personally Im not a fan of KWA/KSC guns.

Comment

I'd get a KWA. Much better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
        Not used a Socom Gear M9, but I have used a Socom Gear 1911... and it was rubbish. Terrible performance and awful cooldown, wouldnt touch one with a barge pole.

If you want an M9, get either a Marui or Western Arms (which btw Im selling one at the moment if youre interested ) or perhaps even a KWA/KSC are supposedly very good, but personally Im not a fan of KWA/KSC guns.
        ok well i was thinking i could not go wrong with a marui but i thought that socom gear was basicaly a remake of the western arms guns anyway, or is that we?
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Ive had tm kjw hfc we and socom gear m9s.
          The structures are all the same.
          Socom gear is a sub brand of VFC, the design are 85% same. Most part are interchangeable except the hop up.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
            Socom gear is a sub brand of VFC, the design are 85% same. Most part are interchangeable except the hop up.
            so how does the socom gear perform compared to the tm because i have seen them shoot incredible ranges on videos?
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by deanfirst View Post
              if they are vfc then would they preform very well? because as i understand it vfc are not very good. but then i love how the gun looks and i have not seen any other M9s in tan.
              For sale:

-Splitting M4
              -MP5 Parts
              -MP7a1
              -M9 Magazine

Comment

it has also just come to my attention that with the tm plastic slides you cannot use gas which is too powerfull like green gas and also thinking about it i think i would prefer a full metal gun. Are there any downsides to this that anyone has encountered and i would really like to know how this would perform compared to a TM?

Thanks guys
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

No No No No. The SG M9 is a WE rebrand. Not VFC, not WA. WE.

it has also just come to my attention that with the tm plastic slides you cannot use gas which is too powerfull like green gas
                  Not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    No No No No. The SG M9 is a WE rebrand. Not VFC, not WA. WE.

Not true.
                    oh ok thanks thats what i thought at first but someone posted that they were vfc?

so would the plastic slide be as good as the metal one in terms of endurance and the amount of kick?
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

so would the plastic slide be as good as the metal one in terms of endurance and the amount of kick?
                      Well no, the advantages are gas efficiency and slide speed. Whilst a metal gun has more of a kick, plastic slides are far more snappy and feel quicker to shoot. It will we less durable, but replacements are far easier to find. A full Plastic body replacement for the TM M9 can be found from HK for $20.

Comment

Well no, the advantages are gas efficiency and slide speed. Whilst a metal gun has more of a kick, plastic slides are far more snappy and feel quicker to shoot. It will we less durable, but replacements are far easier to find. A full Plastic body replacement for the TM M9 can be found from HK for $20.
                        ok so that sounds of but how would a TM compare in range and accuracy to the SG?
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

ok so that sounds of but how would a TM compare in range and accuracy to the SG?
                          Well the SG is a rebranded WE, and the WE is a pretty crappy TM Clone. I used to have a TM M9 and it has the same range as other TM pistols (Very good). The accuracy is more stable shot-to-shot because of the fixed hop up.

Comment

Well the SG is a rebranded WE, and the WE is a pretty crappy TM Clone. I used to have a TM M9 and it has the same range as other TM pistols (Very good). The accuracy is more stable shot-to-shot because of the fixed hop up.
                            so what sort of ranges could they both be shooting out too and are there any other things that the SG lacks in? sorry for all the questions but i have no idea what these can do and i want to get it right this time round as i messed up the last GBB pistol i bought.
                            For sale:

-Splitting M4
                            -MP5 Parts
                            -MP7a1
                            -M9 Magazine

Comment

so what sort of ranges could they both be shooting out too and are there any other things that the SG lacks in?
                              Well about the same as any standard AEG really, around 30-40m with some accuracy. Because both of the M9s have a fixed hop up, they're set for either .20s or .25s and once you get the BB weight right, you can get some pretty good, and stable, ranges. The TM has a better hop, so it is generally more consistent with better range.

and are there any other things that the SG lacks in?
                              Some of the internals are pretty cheap, not the best metals used. The Hop is inferior to the TM, and the slide cycle speed is slower. It is also less gas efficient.

and i want to get it right this time round as i messed up the last GBB pistol i bought.
                              Care to expand?

Happy to help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                              Working...
                              X