FPS & Range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS & Range?

How much does FPS affect the range of a gun. For example if I had a gun at 300fps and was then upgraded to 350fps, would I notice much of a difference in range of the bbs?

Thanks

Re: FPS & Range?

Cue repeated futile debate about fps/range/barrel length argument...

Comment

i dont really notice a difference in the accuracy with a jump of only 50 fps...but if you want accuracy test a bunch of BBs so you find one that doesn't curve to the side, you want the lightest possible BB, and then more fps usually means more range, and if you can get the hop up adjusted right, you can get much more range, hope this was helpful or my a*s is fried o_O

Comment

Originally posted by meyer View Post
        i dont really notice a difference in the accuracy with a jump of only 50 fps...but if you want accuracy test a bunch of BBs so you find one that doesn't curve to the side, you want the lightest possible BB, and then more fps usually means more range, and if you can get the hop up adjusted right, you can get much more range, hope this was helpful or my a*s is fried o_O
        For what seems to be the hundredth time, please stop spouting out pointless, untrue sh*t. You do not want the lightest possible BB, for 330-350fps you will want to use .25s or .28s. You may notice a difference in 50fps although it will most likely only be slight, you would probably benefit more from a TB (unless you already have one)

Comment

if you were using .4s with a 350 gun all u wud b doing is losing velocity and range, if you used .06s the BBs would go everywhere, a .25 or .28 is the lightest possible without losing accuracy, or velocity, i didnt mean use the lightest BB that they make...all im tryin to do is help, and if i get it wrong youre gonna correct and i wont get it wrong the next time..

Comment

yep use .25's if you dont already the will travel slightly slower (velosity) than .2's but will remain straight for longer hence giving more accuracy at range. 50fps wont give you any more range your bb will just travel to its target a bit quicker

Comment

you may gain a meter. Don't bother faffing with the fps. Get the hop up right. hop up is the key to range.
              www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
              Working...
              X