X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a good gun make?

Hi all,

after some advice im looking into getting a L85A1/SA80 in full metal,

the only problem is i dont really know what make to go for, is there any really bad makes to stay away from?

and how much do i need to spend for a good allrounder as they seem to vairy from £100 to £600

any help would be most appreciated

thanks.
    Last edited by EGOBN52; 24 July, 2011, 15:48. Reason: spelling

Re: Choosing a good gun make?

if ya got the money splash out get top of the range !!

Comment

If you know your way round gas blowback rifles the the WE SA80 will be ok for you as i have heard good things about them but as for aeg's im not 100% sure

Comment

I'm also looking at L85s, and from what I've heard the ICS one is pretty good internally, but the ARES version is better externally (though I've seen ICS ones and they're still nice on the exterior). Haven't heard much about the G&G one, I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of owners.

Comment

to answer the OP the cheepest & one to probably avoid at around £110ish second hand is the Army Armament one, up from that you have the ICS, STAR and ARES versions. all at a similar price range of about 250-350 with susat optics, then the top of the price range is the G&G, alot of people stay away from these not due to the quality, but the in built blow back isnt to everyones taist & of course the high price tag, probably looking easily £400+ with susat for a new one.

Theres little to pick between the star/ares apart from gearbox casings (dont let the polymer one of the star put you off) & a few external QC checks. one of them, then the ics i believe has a few issues accepting the DD rail system due to some specifications with the dimentions & its internals are ics compatable only*** i think! would have to look into it.

Just all i know about um so hope it helps
          Last edited by Discoshrew; 24 July, 2011, 16:42. Reason: missed a bit
          'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

I had a bad experience with my old AA L85 so I would not recommend them. If I am not mistaken they are a clone of the G&G so if you do decide to get AA then you can upgrade it with G&G parts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EGOBN52 Rookie Find out more about EGOBN52
            Working...
            X