The perfect gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect gear box

I have seen many brands that build all kinds of internals for V2 gearboxes. But if money was no boundary what would you get to build your perfect V2 gearbox?
    "UP UP AND AWWAAAAY!!"

Rob-ree-go

Re: The perfect gear box

what would you get to build your perfect V2 gearbox?
    riotsc dsg gears and midas on steroids

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I would have CNC'd titanium gears, lightweight but super strong.
      "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
      Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Is a Systema V2 gearbox the best you can get or not?
        "UP UP AND AWWAAAAY!!"

Rob-ree-go

Comment

Originally posted by Robrego View Post
          Is a Systema V2 gearbox the best you can get or not?
          Definately not...

I would actually say that the G&P 8mm V2 gearbox is the most solid, definately the best base for any upgrade project.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester! View Post
            Definately not...

I would actually say that the G&P 8mm V2 gearbox is the most solid, definately the best base for any upgrade project.
            erm....no.

g&p internals aren't the best.

if you want the best gearbox

start off with modify case

Comment

modify case, good start.
              DSG gear, modify piston. systema cylinder head, systema cylinder,systema piston head.
              prommy nozzle. kanzen 8mm cemaric bearing.ASW mosfet.
              x tech tappet plate.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd go for quality more than anything, not sure why everyone wants DSG now. I'd go for about 400FPS ~35RPS reliably. No point in some crazy 60RPS build, impractical and needs a lot of maintenance.

Plus 400 @ 35 is relatively easy to achieve, then just work on reliability and consistency. Probably use a lot of custom parts & plenty of my own work.

Comment

are dsg gears just 13.1 gears?

Comment

Nope, DSG = Dual Sector Gear.

Two sets of teeth equally spaced arround the circumfrence of the sector gear with a section of no teeth in between. So roughly in quarters, teeth, no teeth , teeth and no teeth.

Who asked if Systema are the best.....Where's the ducking stool...

If you want my opinion, I wouldn't buy the really expensive parts. There are lots of very nice parts out there that work well together. It is more the mechanics of getting them to work well together that will give you longevity. Get it set up properly and it will last. Ok ok unless you run it at daft rof...erm...I havn't used my 14.8's for a while now...lol.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

You're asking an unanswerable question here. Firstly, everyone has their favorite brands of internal parts, I think Systema for example are actually amongst the poorest, others swear by them. Secondly, everyone has their own idea about a perfect internal setup, some like high speed, others like high velocity, I myself like extreme consistency. Some want all three, but there are limits to what can be achieved.

Comment

I think the limits are more than likely within the teck building the gear box, rather than the parts. Any decent tech can recomend parts and build you a decent gear box.

Speed and fps are both only a spring, motor and battery away. But not many will be able to make it all go together properly for you. How many people can build a good gear box without an AB fet get it to run at speed with no over run???? How many can use an M120 spring but still have site friendly auto fps????
                        Gun tech.

Comment

I'm sticking with a 20RPS rifle, think anything above is pointless personally, and my parts will last alot longer.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I'd say for me is the PGC Prowin 7mm gearbox
                            sigpic

Comment

Why not the 8?? Or the Haynes. Either of which would cost a fortune.

There are some nice looking Aluminium boxes made in HK. Cast then machine finished. But they don't offer the advantage of the Prowin mind.
                              Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Robrego Rob, 20 and live beyond the boundaries of civilization... Find out more about Robrego
                              Working...
                              X