Best clone torch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best clone torch?

As above, what's generally the best chinese clone torch you can get for a rifle? Not really interested in spending £50+ just so I can see where I'm going a little better! Lately I've been using a trustfire AA torch, has done really well, but now that I have funds rolling in it's time to get something proper!

Solarforce are good budget torches.
    Got one strapped to the side of my M4, £25.

Comment

Ooooh forgot to mention, what batteries do the ones mentioned run off, and what mounts do they have/are available for it?

Comment

Re: Best clone torch?

I have been looking at ultrafire ones recently. dirt cheap and look like they are worth a punt.

the model i'm going to try out is 300 lumens, comes with pressure pad (no mount, but they are available), water sealed, strobing and 3 other modes...all for £15.32 all in! throw in a mount for 5-10 and you are laughing

oh and runs off cr123a disposable or rechargable
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
          I have been looking at ultrafire ones recently. dirt cheap and look like they are worth a punt.

the model i'm going to try out is 300 lumens, comes with pressure pad (no mount, but they are available), water sealed, strobing and 3 other modes...all for £15.32 all in! throw in a mount for 5-10 and you are laughing

oh and runs off cr123a disposable or rechargable
          Sounds good, but is it just the one battery? I have an M3 on my flock that runs off 2 and that's only just bright enough to be blessing people with really!

Comment

2 batts forgot to mention
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Ah cool. Just noticed an ultrafire one on eBay, for about £40. Has a comparison to what I use now and that torch, crazy difference! Now to decide if it's worth £40 hah

Comment

I thought screw it and went for it. 12v ultrafire torch coming my way! Shame I won't have it for tomorrow's night game though

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  I thought screw it and went for it. 12v ultrafire torch coming my way! Shame I won't have it for tomorrow's night game though
                  Agree with the M3 comment, barely enough to see where im going... The ultrafire looks fairly long... does it not look a bit odd especially with a shorter barrel aeg?

Comment

Originally posted by ggujral View Post
                    Agree with the M3 comment, barely enough to see where im going... The ultrafire looks fairly long... does it not look a bit odd especially with a shorter barrel aeg?
                    Haha I used that new M3 on the night game and it turned outto be really good. Mid evening testing isn't really very conclusive!

It's a good torch, nice and bright, especially in cqb. Not too focussed so you can shine and blind a general corner. Size it is quite big, but because my torches point out alongside barrels on my guns, it doesn't look that bad!

Comment

Im looking for an ultrafire now, what model did you get?
                      Bog standard sig with a mock up of my own gun, I think don't so

Comment

Originally posted by apalmer101 View Post
                        Im looking for an ultrafire now, what model did you get?
                        get the ultrafire 501B. i have 2 & 1/2 with 300lumens lamps inside, they are brillent =) .. really cheap too if you can wait for HK post.
                        sigpic

Comment

I went an ordered an ultrafire G60 Cree R2 Strobe tactical flashlight from a HK retailer..... I got a message today saying they had despatched the item... just 6 days after I paid up! Now it will take its sweet time making its way upto UK... and to be on the safe side they have also included an adverse weather warning in the email!

Havent even heard on the low mounts and pressure switch I ordered to go with the torch.... Well, you get what you pay for....

But its dirt cheap so not complaining... atleast no just now.

Comment

Yeah mine set me back £40. But that did include a mount, on off button, pressure switch, batteries, and even a molle compatible pouch for it.

Comment

I just got one of these... Great quality, pretty amazing illumination and it runs of of AAA instead of Cr123...

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CGwQ8wIwBA

The only pro/con depending on how you look at it, is it's not regulated, so as the batteries begin to drain, you get a fall off in performance, but hey, at least you know when they are dying instead of it just going in a brief moment...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X